Login / Register

Focusrite OctoPre MkII vs Presonus Digimax LT?
New Reply
Subscribe
John N
15th February 2011
Old 15th February 2011
Lives for gear

Focusrite OctoPre MkII vs Presonus Digimax LT?

All other features aside, how do the preamps in the OctoPre MKii and the Digimax LT compare? (The LT's are reputed to be superior to Digimax FS and D8)

Also, an attractive feature of the LT is that it has inserts which can effectively be used to bypass the pres if desired and go directly to the converters. The OctoPre claims that when using the line inputs, the signal bypasses the preamps stage but goes thru a line amp and filter before the converters. I'm not sure what a line amp is in a device like these and I was wondering if the LT would have the same thing before the converter if you were to say use a stand-alone mic pre and route it though the insert half-way in.

Any help welcome
Thanks
John N
21st April 2013
Old 21st April 2013
Lives for gear

Old thread, but I'm interested too, as a nice 8 channel location preamp to get 8 mic signals into an Alesis HD24.
21st April 2013
Old 21st April 2013
Gear addict

I had both here recently and the octopre had more headroom so I sold the digimax.
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw2005 View Post
I had both here recently and the octopre had more headroom so I sold the digimax.
Liked the new Octopre a lot as well. Focusrite have been pretty on point these past couple of years in the lower-end!
1st March 2014
Old 1st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw2005 View Post
Did you have the Digimax LT, D8 or FS?

I just got the LT (which I heard has slightly better pre's than the later versions) for not too much money, which I'm planning to use on location recordings with my Alesis HD24, via ADAT. I didn't need the 96kHz option of the FS, but I do like the individual phantom power and PAD switches per channel.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search