Mellow headphones
New Reply
Subscribe
osh
11th February 2011
Old 11th February 2011
Gear Head

Mellow headphones

I guess there's alot of questions regarding headphones, but I'll give it a try anyways.

I'm a bass-player, having some trouble with high frequencies (because my ears aren't like they used to be), so I'm searching for mellow headphones, with good isolation.

Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks!
-osh
11th February 2011
Old 11th February 2011
Gear addict

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD202s which are quite dark. I would almost say dull. But you could give them a try. They are not HD in my opinion though. I wouldn't mix with them. But they are good for tracking. If i track vocals with them i always add some high shelving EQ, cos otherwise the sound is too dark for me.

Might give them a try. But i sugest you try them out first. They hurt my ears a bit, especially after say 30min. If you have small ears i think they will fit well.
osh
12th February 2011
Old 12th February 2011
Gear Head

Thanks!

What about mellow HD headphones? Is that even possible?

I now use Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. They're ok, but I'd like to have some more mellow sounding headphones. It would be good if they had isolation, but thats not the most important part.

Any other suggestions out there?
12th February 2011
Old 12th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by osh View Post
I guess there's alot of questions regarding headphones, but I'll give it a try anyways.

I'm a bass-player, having some trouble with high frequencies (because my ears aren't like they used to be), so I'm searching for mellow headphones, with good isolation.

Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks!
-osh
When I think of mellow cans... I think of the AKG K240s. They are not good for isolation but you may want to give them a try. I would also use the word gentle to describe them. Gentle as in easy to wear for extended periods.

You don`t need any more gear, you need to re-write the chorus.
osh
12th February 2011
Old 12th February 2011
Gear Head

Mellow headphones

OK, but the most important part is not the comfort, in the end it's the sound.

I guess HD and lack of treble don't go hand in hand, so there might not exist headphones I wish for.

Maybe I should rather focus on EQ'ing the ones I own to a mellow sound.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search