Tracking out with Motif xs
Old 8th February 2011
Gear addict

Tracking out with Motif xs

Hey guys got me a couple arrangements on my Motif I want to track out in protools but really dont know how to go about it..

Im working with a
--2 channel Pacifica
--UA 2192

Im not sure if I should go out of the Motif Spdif and straight into the UA 2192 for each track.... or go through the Pacifica and then into the UA2192 into protools..

Thanks guys any input would certainly help
Old 8th February 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioman View Post
Hey guys got me a couple arrangements on my Motif I want to track out in protools but really dont know how to go about it..

Im working with a
--2 channel Pacifica
--UA 2192

Im not sure if I should go out of the Motif Spdif and straight into the UA 2192 for each track.... or go through the Pacifica and then into the UA2192 into protools..

Thanks guys any input would certainly help
Hummm.. I'd say, if the audio sounds good to ya now as is, I'd go spdif into the 2192 ( it does has spdif in right..?)..If you think the audio needs something extra ( " warming", fattening,processing, etc.) go into the Pacifica first..Good luck..
Old 8th February 2011
Gear addict

thanks bud, that makes sense.. really I dont have the best ear to know if it should go through the pacifica.. Is tracking everything through the pacifica and then Ua 2192 commonly done?
Old 8th February 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioman View Post
thanks bud, that makes sense.. really I dont have the best ear to know if it should go through the pacifica.. Is tracking everything through the pacifica and then Ua 2192 commonly done?
Hello..Don't know if it's done regularly, but I'd say give it a try.. Worst case is you don't like it and since the tracks are already recorded ( if they are sequenced in the Motif) you only have to just hit play to send them back to Pro Tools..Also, I track hardware synths thru DI boxes before going into computer with good results. I'd think this would be similar to using the Pacifica senario...Good luck..thumbsup
Old 8th February 2011
Gear addict

hey thanks..Ture its been recorded already to the motif xs.. but I was thinking if it just benefited the whole mix by passing all the tracks through a preamp and converter once again only to capture the true audio artifacts because wouldnt there be loss of audio.

thanks again
Old 8th February 2011
Gear nut

Going digital might be more hassle than analog if you're working at a different sampling rate than the motif.
Old 8th February 2011
Gear addict

well i usually record in 96k i think the motif is 48k..
Old 9th February 2011
Gear addict

can anyone care to comment on this so I can understand it better.. any input is greatly appreciated thanks..
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search