Neumann 149 VS Peluso 2247 LE
New Reply
Subscribe
LGC47
3rd February 2011
Old 3rd February 2011
Gear Head

Neumann 149 VS Peluso 2247 LE

So pretty much what I'm looking for is a mic that gives me exactly what i put in. Right now i have a peluso 2247 LE I'm happy with it and its a fantastic mic. Now that i have some money i want to possibly "upgrade" to a M149 but i dont know if its worth all the extra money. Ive done research on the m149 (and just like every mic theres people who love it and hate it) What do you guys think would it be a huge difference should i just stay with the peluso or maybe a different mic all together, I just want a mic that dosent really color the input and gives me what i put in as detailed and clean as possible thanks.
4th February 2011
Old 4th February 2011
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGC47 View Post
I just want a mic that dosent really color the input and gives me what i put in as detailed and clean as possible
Clarify that, do you mean in a signal/noise ratio terms or the tone of the mic? Color free isn't really what I think of when I think of a 47/49 type mic.

If you're happy with the Peluso, be sure to look at other areas of your studio first. Acoustics, pres, comps, any other area that needs work? If you feel everything is great, see if there's a company in your area where you can rent a few mics and give them a shot. I'm not gonna try and compare your Peluso to a 149, as I haven't used the Peluso myself. Start with that advice, and read on. Someone else I'm sure will be able to help you out with differences.
4th February 2011
Old 4th February 2011
Gear Head

Both signal to noise ratio and tone i want something that just sounds like what i put in. Im just wanna know if the 149 will sound better as in more clear and detailed, is it worth the buy. And no there really isnt any place to try mics around here iv looked,
4th February 2011
Old 4th February 2011
Gear nut

I don't know if you saw this or not and whether or not it will help, but this was posted on one of the voice over boards. It's somewhat of a chart that gives you an idea of the characteristics of preamps and mics. It takes a little time to load, so give it a few seconds.
Hope it helps!

Preamps:
http://www.thelisteningsessions.com/micpregraph.htm

Mics:
The Listening Sessions - Contact TLS

The mic link is a little confusing to me and I didn't see the M149 listed anyway.
4th February 2011
Old 4th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGC47 View Post
...should i just stay with the peluso or maybe a different mic all together...
Keep the Peluso and get another mic of a different flavor. A Gefell 70 or 90 series would be different - less fizz in the high end. For neutral, a akg C-414uls (older model from the 90's) would give you that, or a U67, or perhaps the new TLM67. Plus, there's the U87, which every studio should have. There are cheap alternatives to all these mics, which might be a good way to discover the value of having different mic choices for different sources.
4th February 2011
Old 4th February 2011
Gear Head

I was just wondering if any one had samples that haven't been already posted of the m149 so i can listen to it Ive searched on line and haven't really found anything.
3rd June 2012
Old 3rd June 2012
Gear interested

sanken mics

Gefell 930's are great or try a Sanken CU series? They have incredibly flat response.
They have dual capsules so each can effectively capture a different band of frequency. It's like a two way speaker where the woofer handles the lows and the tweeter the highs so you get a very wide and natural spread of frequency.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search