What Are These Cables Called?!?!?!?
New Reply
Subscribe
ldn2
2nd February 2011
Old 2nd February 2011
Gear nut

What Are These Cables Called?!?!?!?

This is gonna be a super basic question but I cant work it out.

I am setting up my dads 5.1 Surround Sound speakers but 2 of the speakers are without the cable to connect them to the sub woofer.

Its the cable that is a single phono to the 2 little wires that u clamp in. Does that make sense?? I cant think of the name for them.

Appreciate any help,

Ldn2
2nd February 2011
Old 2nd February 2011
Lives for gear

I don't think they really have a name. However, if I were you i would take a long RCA(Phono) cable and cut it in half. Now you have two of them.

Now if you need a lot of length, go and get some speaker cable and run that to your speakers. At the device that needs an RCA (Phono) end splice that onto the speaker cable.

You will get bonus points if you keep the polarity correct. I will give you a hint. The + of the speaker needs to go to the tip of the RCA.

Rich
ldn2
2nd February 2011
Old 2nd February 2011
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by savyurrecords View Post
I don't think they really have a name. However, if I were you i would take a long RCA(Phono) cable and cut it in half. Now you have two of them.

Now if you need a lot of length, go and get some speaker cable and run that to your speakers. At the device that needs an RCA (Phono) end splice that onto the speaker cable.

You will get bonus points if you keep the polarity correct. I will give you a hint. The + of the speaker needs to go to the tip of the RCA.

Rich
I will give myself EXTRA bonus points if I find ready made cables online!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search