Login / Register
 
Kontakt - Import mp3/FLAC
New Reply
Subscribe
Edward Shnapper
Thread Starter
#1
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
  #1
Gear addict
 
Edward Shnapper's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010

Thread Starter
Edward Shnapper is offline
Kontakt - Import mp3/FLAC

Anybody know how this is possible? Surely there must be a way!? I don't understand why they can import every other file that exists but not today's most common.
Edward Shnapper
Thread Starter
#2
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
  #2
Gear addict
 
Edward Shnapper's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010

Thread Starter
Edward Shnapper is offline
Cubase/FLAC

I also want to import FLAC into Cubase. Is there a solution? If i converted it to wav, i guess it wouldnt loose any quality right?
#3
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
  #3
Gear maniac
 
buddachile's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 259

buddachile is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Shnapper View Post
If i converted it to wav, i guess it wouldnt loose any quality right?
Correct. Anytime you listen to the file it is being decoded, i.e. converted to the same data that would be written to a wav file.
__________________
--
buddachile

BTW, I'm a musician with a home studio, not a pro recording engineer.
#4
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
  #4
Lives for gear
 
LeeYoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,447

LeeYoo is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Shnapper View Post
I also want to import FLAC into Cubase. Is there a solution? If i converted it to wav, i guess it wouldnt loose any quality right?
Wrong..

FLAC is lossless!!! Just compressed.
Flac to Wav to Flac to Wav to Flac to Wav= still 100%.
I use the original free "Flac frontend" for converting.

Flac rules, but..
Flac is ignored by the big ones. Don't ask me why.

Mp3 is lossy. Things ARE already lost. So Mp3 to Wav = the same crap.
You loose more if you save it again to Mp3.
Edward Shnapper
Thread Starter
#5
26th January 2011
Old 26th January 2011
  #5
Gear addict
 
Edward Shnapper's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010

Thread Starter
Edward Shnapper is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeYoo View Post
Wrong..

FLAC is lossless!!! Just compressed.
Flac to Wav to Flac to Wav to Flac to Wav= still 100%.
I use the original free "Flac frontend" for converting.

Flac rules, but..
Flac is ignored by the big ones. Don't ask me why.

Mp3 is lossy. Things ARE already lost. So Mp3 to Wav = the same crap.
You loose more if you save it again to Mp3.
Ah, thanks for the info, but i believe u meant to say "right thumbsup" not "wrong " because you just agreed with me.
#6
26th January 2011
Old 26th January 2011
  #6
Lives for gear
 
LeeYoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,447

LeeYoo is offline
Right, read it wrong.
Edward Shnapper
Thread Starter
#7
28th January 2011
Old 28th January 2011
  #7
Gear addict
 
Edward Shnapper's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010

Thread Starter
Edward Shnapper is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeYoo View Post
Right, read it wrong.
Bloody Kiwis!
#8
28th January 2011
Old 28th January 2011
  #8
Lives for gear
 
LeeYoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,447

LeeYoo is offline
No need to react like that bro, said I read it wrong.

This old dutchie is offended. fuuck
Edward Shnapper
Thread Starter
#9
31st January 2011
Old 31st January 2011
  #9
Gear addict
 
Edward Shnapper's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010

Thread Starter
Edward Shnapper is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeYoo View Post
No need to react like that bro, said I read it wrong.

This old dutchie is offended. fuuck
LOL, sorry man, I'm a kiwi too. Just not often I see one around here
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
mhs2xs / Music Computers
5
inlinenl / Mastering forum
0
J Gabriel / Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production
13
Jay- / Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production
1
strauss / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show & Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
10

Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.