Mogami cable in Europe?
Old 30th January 2006
  #1
Gear maniac
 

Thread Starter
Mogami cable in Europe?

Dear european gearslutz members,

which is your store of choice for Mogami cable?
Any online shops?

Thank you!
Old 30th January 2006
  #2
Moderator
 
matt thomas's Avatar
 

redco.com

in america but delivers international. Well priced, very friendly, good service.

Narco
Old 30th January 2006
  #3
Gear maniac
 
hitsville's Avatar
 

Old 30th January 2006
  #4
Gear addict
 
hawaii82's Avatar
 

Old 30th January 2006
  #5
ordered mine at redco. good service, good prices and good people. thumbsup
Old 30th January 2006
  #6
Lives for gear
 
TornadoTed's Avatar
 

Anyone know about the UK?

I just went on Redco to get a quote for 400 feet of mic cable weighing 12 Pounds and it would cost $144 for the cable and $188 for shipping!
Old 30th January 2006
  #7
Gear Head
 
Spaced's Avatar
 

Mosses + Mitchell are the U.K agents (0138 072 2993). They don't really carry much stock, so the stuff will probably come from Japan by boat (3-4 weeks)

I bought from Redco in the states and even though the shipping was expensive, the overal cost was only 4 quid more than that quoted by M+M and the stuff turned up in 4 days. Redco were great to deal with too.
Old 8th June 2009
  #8
Gear addict
 

Hi!

What's the current status of this topic? Where could I order Mogami 2524 in Europe? I've checked Redco but shipping costs with customs would be really too much...

From the above mentioned links, goldenagemusic seems to have no mogami cables anymore, and the French link mentioned 100m reels. I suspect it may be a mispelling, as I have seen 100 feet reels mostly... Not even sure their webshop is up to date, so please, could anyone give any input on this topic?

Thanks,
j
Old 8th June 2009
  #9
we have delt Mogami in the past, but switched over to another brand.

you still can drop me a mail, but I think you will find much lower prices elsewhere
Old 8th June 2009
  #10
Lives for gear
 
badmark's Avatar
 

I bought an Mxl 9000 tube mic in a clearance sale about 6 months ago, it lacked the Mogami cable connecting mic and box. There is a UK distributor for Mxl/Mogami products in Andover, but they seemed entirely useless (claimed on their website that a shop near where I live was one of their "resellers" ... shop entirely mystified by this claim!). In the end I got the cable I needed from B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders, in New York.
Old 8th June 2009
  #11
Gear addict
 

Hmm as it seems I will have to most likely go the US/Redco way, if that French source won't work...

Thanks for the input,
j
Old 8th June 2009
  #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith1261 View Post
Hmm as it seems I will have to most likely go the US/Redco way, if that French source won't work...

Thanks for the input,
j
true.. we are not europe
Old 8th June 2009
  #13
Gear addict
 

:D I see that you are from Switzerland, but you have just stated that you deal no more Mogami, haven't you? Or have I misunderstood it?
Old 16th January 2013
  #14
Gear nut
 
Klotzi's Avatar
 

Old 12th April 2013
  #15
Lives for gear
 
Immersion's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotzi View Post
Check Synthax GmbH if you are looking for Mogami...

MOGAMI • Mikrofonkabel • Instrumentenkabel • Digitalkabel • BreakOut-Kabel

...and it's in europe ;-)
This site is good they have pretty much the whole product line of Mogami, but since Mogami cables are expensive, I wonder is there any other importer who sell Mogami but better price ? it is especially their digital AES and Digital XLR snake cables I am interested in, they are very expensive SO I hope I could save some money to buy from some other site in EU.

I am not interested in buld cable or home made cable I want cable that has been done and put together in Mogami factory So I am know for sure what I am buying.
Old 18th April 2013
  #16
Gear nut
 
Klotzi's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immersion View Post
This site is good they have pretty much the whole product line of Mogami, but since Mogami cables are expensive, I wonder is there any other importer who sell Mogami but better price ? it is especially their digital AES and Digital XLR snake cables I am interested in, they are very expensive SO I hope I could save some money to buy from some other site in EU.

I am not interested in buld cable or home made cable I want cable that has been done and put together in Mogami factory So I am know for sure what I am buying.
This is just a distributer, so the prices you see are not the street prices. Go and ask your dealer for better prices
None of the Mogami cables with connectors is assembled in Japan. The cables are manufactured in Japan, from the same old guys who do this for over 40 years! Then shipped to the US and assembled there with connectors. So as far as the cable has a shrink tube with Mogami on it, you can be preety sure that it's MANUFACTURED in Japan in the Mogami company and ASSEMBLED in the US.
Hope this helps you
Old 23rd April 2013
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Immersion's Avatar
 

I think synthax is really the companym, that buy all bulk cable and assemble them and then send them out to all "distributors" in europe. Cause after a very deep research of music stores in eu I have not found one single mogami original that has been made in the mogami factory. All cables are from bulk cable.. with non original connectors etc.

that is the reason why I bought all cables from amazon.com it was the only way to gurantee "the mogami experience" the prices of this non original mogami cables in europe are pretty much the same price...so I prefer to buy the original then.
Old 23rd April 2013
  #18
Gear nut
 
Klotzi's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immersion View Post
I think synthax is really the companym, that buy all bulk cable and assemble them and then send them out to all "distributors" in europe. Cause after a very deep research of music stores in eu I have not found one single mogami original that has been made in the mogami factory. All cables are from bulk cable.. with non original connectors etc...
Sorry but that's wrong. Like I told you before is none of the MOGAMI cables assembled in their factory in japan. The cables are made and then the bulks are shipped to the US where they are getting assembled. Synthax gets the bulk directly from japan and the assembled ORIGINAL Mogami cables from the US like every other distributer in the world.
So original assembled Mogami cables are from the US!
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
studio1117 / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
5
studio1117 / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0
donkerce / Low End Theory
1
psytechguy / So much gear, so little time!
10
thenewyear / So much gear, so little time!
2

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.