Login / Register
 
Tri-Phazer?
New Reply
Subscribe
AlexLakis
Thread Starter
#1
24th January 2006
Old 24th January 2006
  #1
Lives for gear
 
AlexLakis's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Annapolis, MD/Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,630

Thread Starter
AlexLakis is offline
Tri-Phazer?

I just got off the phone with a man from Triphazer.com. I was looking to get a market price on an old pair of KLH-9s. Instead, I get a 15 minute long salespitch.

Apparently, ladies and gentlemen, we are only utilizing 25% of our sound. The other 75% comes from a $29 mastering job using their processor.

I dismissed it about 2 minutes into the schtick. Has anybody ever heard of this before? He was talking about how this processor "time-aligns" the ELECTRICAL (not acoustical) signal of a MONO source, and how it's the greatest revelationary breakthrough in audio since the wheel? How come neither I nor anybody else I know or have heard of has known of this?

Now, I've been working with audio for a long time (relatively speaking), and I'm pretty knowledgeable about what I need to be knowledgeable about to have a succesful career...But I have no idea what this is all about, and can only dismiss it as pure bullcrap. Especially when he says things like "The room doesn't matter" or "The speakers don't matter." "They have no effect on what you'll hear after OUR SUPENDOUS AMAZING TRI-PHAZER gets thru with it!"

HIM - "Our $29 Tri-Phazer makes great masters!"

ME -"Uhh, no, great mastering engineers make great masters."

HIM - "The engineer is no longer important! Our Tri-Phazer is all you need!"

Riiiiight. I'd love to believe it! Apparently, I don't know shit about audio, and my monitors and the room that I'm monitoring have no relevance to my mixes!

Anybody care to shed some light on this amazing discovery? http://www.triphazer.com
#2
24th January 2006
Old 24th January 2006
  #2
Gear nut
 
rayne's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: orlando, fl
Posts: 114

rayne is offline
that is an awesome website. i'm gonna buy 10!
AlexLakis
Thread Starter
#3
12th February 2006
Old 12th February 2006
  #3
Lives for gear
 
AlexLakis's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Annapolis, MD/Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,630

Thread Starter
AlexLakis is offline
Bump.
AlexLakis
Thread Starter
#4
21st February 2006
Old 21st February 2006
  #4
Lives for gear
 
AlexLakis's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Annapolis, MD/Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,630

Thread Starter
AlexLakis is offline
Bump.
#5
21st February 2006
Old 21st February 2006
  #5
Lives for gear
 
lofi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: in my studio mostly
Posts: 502

lofi is offline
bahahhaaaaa
AlexLakis
Thread Starter
#6
25th February 2006
Old 25th February 2006
  #6
Lives for gear
 
AlexLakis's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Annapolis, MD/Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,630

Thread Starter
AlexLakis is offline
Thanks for the great responses so far!

Despite my own sarcastic tone pertaining to this topic, I actually AM interested in the "theory" behind this device, and whether or not it is legit in the slightest. Perhaps someone with a better knowledge of electrical engineering and sound physics could research this?
AlexLakis
Thread Starter
#7
1st March 2006
Old 1st March 2006
  #7
Lives for gear
 
AlexLakis's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Annapolis, MD/Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,630

Thread Starter
AlexLakis is offline
Bump.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Glenn Kuras / Bass traps, acoustic panels, foam etc
9
hociman / Product Alerts older than 2 months
3
Frequency / So much gear, so little time!
28
Kyle Ashley / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
1
Buddhaman / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0

Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.