Old 24th January 2006
Lives for gear

Tri-Phazer?

I just got off the phone with a man from Triphazer.com. I was looking to get a market price on an old pair of KLH-9s. Instead, I get a 15 minute long salespitch.

Apparently, ladies and gentlemen, we are only utilizing 25% of our sound. The other 75% comes from a $29 mastering job using their processor.

I dismissed it about 2 minutes into the schtick. Has anybody ever heard of this before? He was talking about how this processor "time-aligns" the ELECTRICAL (not acoustical) signal of a MONO source, and how it's the greatest revelationary breakthrough in audio since the wheel? How come neither I nor anybody else I know or have heard of has known of this?

Now, I've been working with audio for a long time (relatively speaking), and I'm pretty knowledgeable about what I need to be knowledgeable about to have a succesful career...But I have no idea what this is all about, and can only dismiss it as pure bullcrap. Especially when he says things like "The room doesn't matter" or "The speakers don't matter." "They have no effect on what you'll hear after OUR SUPENDOUS AMAZING TRI-PHAZER gets thru with it!"

HIM - "Our $29 Tri-Phazer makes great masters!"

ME -"Uhh, no, great mastering engineers make great masters."

HIM - "The engineer is no longer important! Our Tri-Phazer is all you need!"

Riiiiight. I'd love to believe it! Apparently, I don't know shit about audio, and my monitors and the room that I'm monitoring have no relevance to my mixes!

Anybody care to shed some light on this amazing discovery? http://www.triphazer.com
Old 24th January 2006
Gear nut

that is an awesome website. i'm gonna buy 10!
Old 12th February 2006
Lives for gear

Bump.
Old 21st February 2006
Lives for gear

Bump.
Old 21st February 2006
Lives for gear

bahahhaaaaa
Old 25th February 2006
Lives for gear

Thanks for the great responses so far!

Despite my own sarcastic tone pertaining to this topic, I actually AM interested in the "theory" behind this device, and whether or not it is legit in the slightest. Perhaps someone with a better knowledge of electrical engineering and sound physics could research this?
Old 1st March 2006
Lives for gear

Bump.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search