Login / Register

Extreme Isolation Headphones Support Rocks!
New Reply
Subscribe
Hardtoe
26th November 2010
Old 26th November 2010
Lives for gear

Extreme Isolation Headphones Support Rocks!

Just wanted to make it known that I recently bought a couple of pairs of EX-29's for ease of mic placement while tracking (for which purpose I am very happy with them).

However, one of the earphone clips broke very quickly and I was distressed to learn that, even though there was as easy fix, (getting a new headband with new clips on it) the shipping to Canada would make it about $50 to repair my "still new" headphones.

I sent an email to their contact link on the website and within 2 hours a rep (John Gresko) had contacted me about the issue and mailed out a free replacement later that day.

I just got the box today and he even threw an additional spare headband in case this happens again.

Now that is some serious customer service.

bring back thumbsup

Sincerely Yours,

Orion L. Paradis
3rd May 2012
Old 3rd May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

The pair I bought to try out broke like that also on day one ! Sent them straight back to Thomann for a refund .....how did the replacements hold up? :-)
4th May 2012
Old 4th May 2012
Lives for gear

Years ago I got a pair with the volume slider on the cord. I just rebuilt it with all new parts for something like $39 from the manufacturer. Great service. Any other set of headphones, once they break, you're SOL.
5th May 2012
Old 5th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
The pair I bought to try out broke like that also on day one ! Sent them straight back to Thomann for a refund .....how did the replacements hold up? :-)
I had another couple of bands break - they sent me (free of charge) more replacement bands that were from the older model.

These are stronger then the new bands, but also pinch your head more (too much for my head).

I currently have one pair with the new band and one with the old - they have both held up like this for quite a few sessions now.

I really like these cans for getting mic placement perfected as they are very forward in the mids and dont make you go WTF when you listen back on the mains....
6th May 2012
Old 6th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

But they break! ? Really wish they didn't/ hadn't as I still fancy them
6th May 2012
Old 6th May 2012
Lives for gear

Nice to hear! Good customer service and repair is included in every equipment purchase desicion I make. Even if it costs A little more. It keeps me up and running at 5 9's.

Nice!

John
6th May 2012
Old 6th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
But they break! ? Really wish they didn't/ hadn't as I still fancy them
They may, but I imagine they had a bad batch they have sorted out - at any rate they fixed it all on their dime so I think there is little risk.
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

I may give them another chance when more of my Beyers die :+(
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Jai guru deva om

They had a bad batch of plastic on a recent run and were seeing lots of breaks. The other week, Direct Sound had me count up all of our inventory to tell them what we had...and they replaced every band we had. Here's to hoping no further issues! I can say these guys truly care.

War

11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
They had a bad batch of plastic on a recent run and were seeing lots of breaks. The other week, Direct Sound had me count up all of our inventory to tell them what we had...and they replaced every band we had. Here's to hoping no further issues! I can say these guys truly care.

War
Ok ! :+) i'll give em another try
12th May 2012
Old 12th May 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Direct sound is located in St. Louis (where I am from) and John offered to drop replacement bands off at my house... on a holiday!

I kindly turned down the offer, but was still blown away by the customer service. I recommend this company to anyone/everyone. Oh and the new bands work fantastic. I have had some artists with big heads come in lately and no breaky breaky!

E
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search