just scored a pair of DBX 163A - best use for them?
Old 9th November 2010
Lives for gear

So I just scored a pair of mint 163As with rack kit for stupid cheap on ebay. They look perfectly brand new and the price was excellent so I bought them.

Now, I see a lot of people like them for bass, kick and snare...but i do not see anything about them being used in stereo linked mode. I am running a dangerous D-box and run drum, bass, vocal and inst/effects busses into it. (4 stereo busses.) Where would this shine best? It all wraps up into an SSL G bus on the sum output. Since a lot of people use it on bass I am thinking the bass bus? (I run a stereo bass bus because i do electronic music which often has stereo bass sounds like vintage chours effects. stereo widening and such.)

I like to have my outboard as "set and forget" always doing one function because i do not want to have a bunch of setting OTB that I have to remember...so I was thinking of just using these on the bass bus and just making a note of the GR on each project in Cubase for easy recall.

So bass bus or drum bus?
Old 9th November 2010
Gear maniac

I use mine on drum rooms and never really matched them. I just watch the meters on my console and listen. They're funky little boxes.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search