Any reason to keep Duet?
old ghost
28th September 2010
Old 28th September 2010
Lives for gear

Any reason to keep Duet?

Am using an MR816 now as my interface and the outboard pre selection is growing as I can afford to upgrade it. Will be able to make some solid purchases in that department in the coming months.

The Duet is collecting dust in a box and I have no use for it for location work. I've seen some people saying they use it over their avalons, etc. To me, mics directly into it, the pres just sound really solid and clean.

The 816 pres sound nice and transparent to me as well, albeit a little different.

Any reason to keep the Duet around? I mean, it seems to me I'd be better off selling it and putting the cash towards a colored pre or a new mic.

I just don't see myself plugging in the duet instead of using my racked up chain, when it would just be another (not boutique) clean pre, like the 816s. Anyone care to derail me before I pull the Craigslist trigger? Thanks much.
28th September 2010
Old 28th September 2010
Lives for gear

I agree with you I'd sell it and buy something more usable like a mic or pre. There's no sense in keeping it around and it's just going to keep on going down in value.
28th September 2010
Old 28th September 2010
Gear addict

I was going to say its handy for portable stuff, but since you say you have no use for it for location work then I agree with the above.
old ghost
28th September 2010
Old 28th September 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks for the help. hmmmmm....... *shops*
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search