just ordered through Thomann...help!
New Reply
Subscribe
JimHigh
4th September 2010
Old 4th September 2010
Gear Head

I ordered a pair for Aucoustic Energy AE22-04 active studio monitors today, and did not get any info from thomann.de about what the shipping rates were when the order was processing. I dont understand. Most sites have a final review page, but thomann went straight to, and the order was confirmed, with NO tax, and NO shipping costs and info added!
Has anyone ordered from them before? This is bothersome, and I expected alot more info from a place this well known. I see their adds in every issue of Computer Music Mag, and future music.
I also dont understand why there is a "-04" in the name attached to my AE22's either...is there a difference between AE22's and AE22-04's? They all looked identical to me.
Any help would be appreciated in the meantime as I wait for Thomann to contact me back.
Cheers!
4th September 2010
Old 4th September 2010
Lives for gear

Haven't the AE been *upgraded* to 04 status recently? VAT is already included in the selling price and from memory, they ship free over about 150 quids worth of order.

So not sure what you are worried about really.
JimHigh
4th September 2010
Old 4th September 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMoon View Post
Haven't the AE been *upgraded* to 04 status recently? VAT is already included in the selling price and from memory, they ship free over about 150 quids worth of order.

So not sure what you are worried about really.
yeah, after a bit more searching, I realized this. I'm not worried anymore, just excited. I've read so many good things about them.
My next big hurdle is going to be getting my room up acoustically treated.

that was a quick reply firemoon, thanks.
4th September 2010
Old 4th September 2010
Lives for gear

I think that they will contact you as soon as they calculate the shipping rates etc. Then you will have to confirm everything. Otherwise it is not legal to deduct something from you card without you having a confirmation about the full amount beiing deducted.

It actually happened to me once (not Thomann) and I was a bit surprised, but all went ok.
RiF
4th September 2010
Old 4th September 2010
RiF
Lives for gear

check your confirmation email, i guess there are no shipping costs.
JimHigh
6th September 2010
Old 6th September 2010
Gear Head

Actually, I found out the reason I got no confirmation was because I had mis-typed my email, but called them and its all sorted out...BUT, I also realized they dont take credit cards from outside the EU, so I'll have to send them a bank transfer within 10 days, OR instead, I might just cancel the order, and go to KMR's online store.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search