I have set up a few voice over guys/girls on the super cheap.
1. Studio Projects C1
2. Behringer Ultravoice
3. Echo Mia or Audiophile 24/96 card. (or similar)
4. wavelab/sound forrge/cool edit/ect
proven over and over again, Plenty good enough for national broadcast voice over work.
The bigest problem is getting the room dead enough. Either use the usuall means or the the cheap ass way (donna over the head)
This is bottom of the range, get the job done stuff, you can double, triple, multilpy by 10 the prices and still get the job done.
Of course here at gearslutz we live by a different standard. So instead id recomend
1. Neumann 147 or 149, Korby Convertable, AEA ribbon, Manley gold, The Brauner VM1 Klaus Heyne Edition,AKG C12 ETC ETC
2. GML 2020, manley Vox Box, PENDULUM Quartet,Avalon VT-737, Focusrite 430, ETC.
3. PTHD, Soundscape system, Fairlight, AMS system, Sadie, Sonic solutions ECT
yeah thats more like it. up to about 30K+ now.