ZEDR16 - Effects Sends & Returns
nigelallistair
26th July 2010
Old 26th July 2010
Gear Head

ZEDR16 - Effects Sends & Returns

I have my new ZEDR16 coming in this week and am working up my connection scheme for the desk and my other equipment. I'm not understanding something and would be grateful if someone could clear it up for me.

I have a Lexicon MX400 effects unit that I expected to just patch in via traditional sends/returns. But it doesn't seem that simple on the ZED with no proper send/returns.

Can someone give me a clue how to best integrate the outboard effects unit? From the sparse manual I'm not understanding how this works on the ZED.

Thanks much.
26th July 2010
Old 26th July 2010
Gear addict

Look at the top right hand side of the board. There are four Aux outputs. Those are the sends that you connect to the input of your FX units. Then there are four Stereo input channels. Connect these to the stereo outputs of the FX units. You can control the amount of signal sent from each channel to each of the four Aux outputs via the Aux pots in each channel. Additionally you can control the total level sent to each Aux from the sum of all those channels using the four Aux Master knobs (also in the top right).

Of course if you use the stereo input channels as Aux returns, it means that you can't use those stereo inputs for other sources. You could also use any of the regular input channels as returns as well, which gives you more control over the returned signal, but eats up available channels (two per stereo return, one if you have a mono FX processor).

Hope this helps
nigelallistair
26th July 2010
Old 26th July 2010
Gear Head

That helps very much. I appreciate it. Seems I had a better handle on I than I thought but wanted to make sure. So I'm all set, just waiting for the delivery van.

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search