Overloud TH1 guitar plug sounds great!
New Reply
Subscribe
mattg082
7th July 2010
Old 7th July 2010
Lives for gear

Overloud TH1 guitar plug sounds great!

I got a chance to use this plug not too long ago and set it up with the amplitude sequence pedals and some other goodies in logic 9. I was really amazed at how real it sounded! I've been in search for the best DI guitar for some time now! I use a rosetta with a API 512c/Gibson Les paul studio for most all my di guitars so my chain is pretty decent.

I've tried all sims and I never really liked amplitude distorted guitars as everything sounded to thin and fuzzy and it took forever to find a decent sound. NI guitar rig 2 and up have been my main go to for a really fast easy sound and then remiced later on a cab or monitor and back in to get air.

I heard this plug and was actually happy with what I heard with the distortion especially as it just ripped! Anyone else try this plug out? I've wondered why I never heard much about it yet it seems a lot better than most of the sim guitar plugs out there. If you do DI guitar try it!

I'm interested in getting other peoples opinions and tips on this plug so fire away!
8th July 2010
Old 8th July 2010
Gear interested

I also ended up choosing TH1.

I've tried Amplitube and Guitar Rig which are awesome products and i can see why many like them. For me though, both of them failed on the aggressive Marshall drive, which i use the most. Amplitubes marshalls sound really thin and funky and GR sounds really flat and the distorted sounds just fall apart.

Put an overdrive before the amp and push the varigain in TH1, sweet...

PS: Just yesterday i found that TH1 also supports IRs for cab sims.
8th July 2010
Old 8th July 2010
Gear interested

Also wanna say that Amplitube 3 marshall sounds are not bad, just not the marshall sound that i like. I guess they though that the Mesa and Peavy emulations would cover the ballsy marshall sound but to me the mesa emus are the worst in all plugs ive tried, no where close to the open tube grawl sound that i love about mesas.
8th July 2010
Old 8th July 2010

9th July 2010
Old 9th July 2010
Gear interested

Downloaded the Softube demos yesterday. The Vintage Amp room is nice, Metal amp room is too metal. AmpegSVX is still the best bass amp sim.

TH1 still on top. with Impulse Responses as cabs... all i need for doing demos. Some of the stuff might even make it to the final songs
9th July 2010
Old 9th July 2010
Gear addict

TH1 is great for the IR modul, and the high gain is one of the better ones, but I still prefere A3 for anything but the high gain (I HATE that Rectifier sound). GR4 for weird guitar sounds and that control room modul. I wish they would upgrade TH1 with more options in the high gain area. I recently found the Lepou Bogner, and it's my favorit Marshall'ish ampsim so far. It sounds great running that into GR's control room. dfegadRevalver was (IMHO) a waste of time. Gearbox/Podfarm gets less and less love.

...I never cared for Softtubes Vintage room/Metal room... But the feedback thingy is great.

Ampeg SVX is killer on bass. Another option is Gearbox though... It has some other shades, which can be nice in the right context (Eden or Trace or Marshall Superbass). But SVX is the goto plug.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search