How many of you are using S2.0 drums for major projects
alexamk
1st May 2010
Old 1st May 2010
Gear addict

How many of you are using S2.0 drums for major projects

Without a real drum kit. These are libraries are getting sick at how great they sound. I got the high end Roland Vdrums in January and I just cannot see how you can get better results than with that kit and all the best drum libraries like Superior, Strike, SSD, etc.
1st May 2010
Old 1st May 2010
Lives for gear

I do, more and more often.

If you have the sound clear in your head, you *will* get it with Superior, i don't know about the others never tried 'em.
1st May 2010
Old 1st May 2010
Gear addict

It happens. Mostly when a song takes a different turn production-wise than was initially intended. Also if you're chasing a certain sound and simply just don't have the time or the resources to try different drums/tunings in different rooms/miking to achieve a certain sound suitable for that particular song. So, it can be a life saver, but mostly as a last resort thing.
Sometimes I've also just complemented an already recorded drum kit with say, a certain ride cymbal for a specific part of a song, in the event of the song needing that other flavour.

/Daniel
2nd May 2010
Old 2nd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamk View Post
Without a real drum kit. These are libraries are getting sick at how great they sound. I got the high end Roland Vdrums in January and I just cannot see how you can get better results than with that kit and all the best drum libraries like Superior, Strike, SSD, etc.

I agree 100%. Unless you have a great drummer, playing a nice kit, in a great sounding room, recorded with nice mics and outboard, why bother?

I think you're going to see a lot of great sounding albums recorded in home studios because of Superior and the other great drum programs. Drums were the major reason why you "had" to record in a commercial studio. Now with Superior, that's no longer the case. Just my opinion.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search