Login / Register

Nord lead 2 or Studio Electronics SE-1???
New Reply
Subscribe
Perj
18th February 2010
Old 18th February 2010
Gear nut

Nord lead 2 or Studio Electronics SE-1???

So i have narrowed it down to these 2 synths I would like to get mainly for plump bass. All I can go off of is what people say and youtube videos because I cant demo a SE-1 in my area.

1. Nord Lead 2
or
2. Studio Electronics SE-1

was considering something by Dave Smith but I figure I need something more powerful than a Mopho or a Tetra as my main bass synth.

What do you guys think??? I like the moog type sound but am mainly looking for something more bouncey and plump for a big progressive electro type sound.

Open to any other suggestions also
18th February 2010
Old 18th February 2010
Lives for gear

18th February 2010
Old 18th February 2010
Gear maniac

I'll tell you right now that if you're serious about synths, the nord lead 2 will destroy pretty much anything you put it up against.

Except maybe a virus or something of that magnitude. But I'd say even then they're on par with the virus.

Recently did an entire record where the keyboardist/synth player used a Nord Lead 2 and a Moog Voyaguer and both had such huge lush tones. The stereo effects you can create with it are unreal, and the ability to just create new sounds in a second is also a huge selling feature for me.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search