Login / Register

Anyone heard this "new" line of Miktek mics?
New Reply
Subscribe
NEWTON IN ORBIT
10th December 2009
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

I got my audio media email magazine thing today, and this was in the new product page in the front.

I haven't heard anything on these. Went to their site, and didn't see any dealers listed, or pricing.

I might not have looked hard enough, but it certainly wasn't staright forward either. I may try to contact them.

They look pricy though...

Anyone with any info?

Here is a Mix article on one of the mics:
Miktek Introduces CV4 Multipattern Tube Microphone

Here is the Manufacturer's site:
www.miktekaudio.com ::: Precision Microphones · Handmade in Nashville, TN USA

Thanks!
J
10th December 2009
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTON IN ORBIT View Post
I got my audio media email magazine thing today, and this was in the new product page in the front.

I haven't heard anything on these. Went to their site, and didn't see any dealers listed, or pricing.

I might not have looked hard enough, but it certainly wasn't staright forward either. I may try to contact them.

They look pricy though...

Anyone with any info?

Here is a Mix article on one of the mics:
[url=http://mixonline.com/news/miktek_cv4_mic_2511/]Miktek Introduces CV4 Multipattern Tube Microphone[/
Here is the Manufacturer's site:
www.miktekaudio.com ::: Precision Microphones · Handmade in Nashville, TN USA

Thanks!
J
I haven't heard them but I did see them at the AES in NY.. The owners seemed like very nice people.. I don't think they were that expensive if I remember correctly..
10th December 2009
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

Cool....

Hey thanks. Anyone else? Just too new?
J
24th January 2010
Old 24th January 2010
Gear addict

Send a message via Skype™ to a2dpapi
Miktek

met them at NAMM. Seem like really nice people. Wasn't able to very accurately discern how the mics actually sound at the show, as there was too much ambient noise. It looks like they are choosing great components.

Would love to know more as well!
www.littlefishaudio.com
Toll Free: (877) 44-AUDIO
sales@littlefishaudio.com

Unrivaled experience in recording at the highest level.
4th March 2010
Old 4th March 2010
Gear addict

I contacted them and this is what they emailed me.

Thanks for your interest in our new microphones.
The US pricing is as follows:
CV4 Large Diaphragm Multi Pattern Tube Condenser List:$2165 MAP(Street) $1299
C7 Large Diaphragm Multi Pattern F.E.T. Condenser List:$1499 MAP(Street) $899
C5 Small Diaphragm Pencil Condenser List:$999 MAP(Street) $599
C5MP Small Diaphragm Pencil Condenser Matched Pair List:$1999 MAP(Street) $1199
We are in the process of selecting dealers to carry our products, you can check our website for updates.
Please feel free to email me with any questions. We plan on shipping product by the end of April.
You can email your mailing address to me if you would like me to send you our product brochures.
Thanks, Best Regards,
Larry Ketchell
Sales Manager
4th March 2010
Old 4th March 2010
Lives for gear

looks like a great price for a hi-quality mic....

a tab xformer with tele tube.....
5th March 2010
Old 5th March 2010
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapehiss View Post
looks like a great price for a hi-quality mic....

a tab xformer with tele tube.....

yes sir, as soon as their out for sell im going to add the CV4 to my mic locker
25th March 2010
Old 25th March 2010
Gear Head

Send a message via AIM to supernovasounds
The CV4 looks beautiful. I hope it sounds as good as it looks. Anybody out there with some real world experience with it?

I've been debating whether or not to go with a ADK TC-67au or a BeezNeez James and now Miktek has to come along and make my decission making process a little more complicated.
30th March 2010
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

20th April 2010
Old 20th April 2010
Gear Head

Anyone had the chance to try these out yet? I'm interested in the CV4; looking for a new tube vocal mic.
27th April 2010
Old 27th April 2010
Gear nut

Our local Miktek rep dropped off a few mics for us to try yesterday. A CV4 multi-pattern tube mic and a stereo pair of C5s. I recently purchased a Mojave MA-200 tube mic, so I took the CV4 home to shoot it out. WOW! The CV4 was a MUCH better sounding mic! I'll be buying one and selling my Mojave. I used it with a Universal Audio LA-610MKII preamp. It's a very solid, accurate sound. It has much better low end responce then the Mojave too. The Mojave is thinner and breathier in compariosn. Obviously having 9 patterns to choose from is something the Mojave can't compete with. The CV4 IS $300 more then the MA-200, but worth every penny. I hate to be coming down on the MA-200 so hard, as I do still think it is a great mic. I did buy one after all. If I had enough money to keep both, I certianly would as they are very different. But my Breedlove sure did sound nice with that CV4! When I tested vocals, I went ahead and tried every pattern the mic had to offer. They all sounded great and very different. As I'm only recording acoustic guitar and vocals in my home studio, the cardioid only pattern of the MA-200 didn't bother me at all, but I really feel like I've got so many more options now. With any luck we'll be stocking these at audioMIDI.com very soon.
Cheers,
Jace
20th May 2010
Old 20th May 2010
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomidijace View Post
Our local Miktek rep dropped off a few mics for us to try yesterday. A CV4 multi-pattern tube mic and a stereo pair of C5s. I recently purchased a Mojave MA-200 tube mic, so I took the CV4 home to shoot it out. WOW! The CV4 was a MUCH better sounding mic! I'll be buying one and selling my Mojave. I used it with a Universal Audio LA-610MKII preamp. It's a very solid, accurate sound. It has much better low end responce then the Mojave too. The Mojave is thinner and breathier in compariosn. Obviously having 9 patterns to choose from is something the Mojave can't compete with. The CV4 IS $300 more then the MA-200, but worth every penny. I hate to be coming down on the MA-200 so hard, as I do still think it is a great mic. I did buy one after all. If I had enough money to keep both, I certianly would as they are very different. But my Breedlove sure did sound nice with that CV4! When I tested vocals, I went ahead and tried every pattern the mic had to offer. They all sounded great and very different. As I'm only recording acoustic guitar and vocals in my home studio, the cardioid only pattern of the MA-200 didn't bother me at all, but I really feel like I've got so many more options now. With any luck we'll be stocking these at audioMIDI.com very soon.
Cheers,
Jace
audioMIDI.com is now a Miktek dealer. We should have product within the next few days. product pages are up on our site.
27th May 2010
Old 27th May 2010
Gear addict

Send a message via Skype™ to a2dpapi
Little Fish Audio- Miktek

We too have become a Miktek dealer and are very excited about delivering this type of value.

Should anyone in Miami like to give one a whirl, you know where to contact us.
29th June 2010
Old 29th June 2010
Gear nut

In stock

All Miktek mics are now IN STOCK at audioMIDI.com.
Cheers,
Jace
26th July 2010
Old 26th July 2010
Lives for gear

any more reports on the cv4? anyone not like it?
26th July 2010
Old 26th July 2010
Lives for gear

I asked audioMIDI for a frequency response graph a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, even though each mic ships with one, they're a secret.
26th July 2010
Old 26th July 2010
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle duncan View Post
I asked audioMIDI for a frequency response graph a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, even though each mic ships with one, they're a secret.
Hm....they could be a government agency
2nd August 2010
Old 2nd August 2010
Gear nut

New Miktek website is up!

Just an FYI that the new Miktek website is up with tons more info including manuals you can download that show frequency responce charts, etc. www.miktekaudio.com
Here at audioMIDI.com we're offering a try-before-you-buy program with the CV4: CV4 Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser mic from audioMIDI.com
I can't say enough good things about this mic. I just love mine to death and so far everyone that has bought one just raves about it. Let me know if I can help you out.
Cheers
Jace@audiomidi.com
8th November 2010
Old 8th November 2010
Gear maniac

bump?
2nd January 2011
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

I'll bump this also, any new users? Reviews??

AA
2nd January 2011
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

JohnKenn posted clips of a CV4 a while back. Try the GS search function.
2nd January 2011
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

I've posted clips of me using a stereo matched pair of Miktech CM5s on acoustic and using one for vocals.

Absolutely fantastic mics, and yes each mic came with it's own frequency chart.

2nd January 2011
Old 2nd January 2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Weight
I'll bump this also, any new users? Reviews??

AA
So, I had a major bout of GAS here lately and my CV4 was up for sale to fund some other purchases. I was just gonna get a cheaper mic and deal with it for a little while. Well, I had a Craigslist buyer give me hat I had paid for it - we even went through with the transaction...but I refunded him. I just couldn't do it. I'm REALLY happy with my vocals right now, and a spin yesterday with a Blue Spark made me realize just how good this thing is. To each his own, but I really dig this mic - and believe me, I've had just about all of them. Heh
22nd March 2011
Old 22nd March 2011
Gear interested

I bought a pair of C7's recently from Sweetwater. Honestly, they didn't knock me off my feet, but I'm still putting them through their paces. Heavy, nice workmanship, not at all brittle...but they don't have the "air" of the 4 figure mics. I used them in shoot outs with other mics I own, and they are better them some. I haven't posted any files, to be fair to the mics. Once I am more familiar with them, I will.

That being said, I can EQ them to my liking.
22nd March 2011
Old 22nd March 2011
Gear maniac

miktek

i took a chance several months ago and bought the cv4. on first listen (listening on headphones to my baritone/tenor voice, a voice i've recorded and heard for decades), i knew i wasn't interested any longer in finding a u47 clone. it just has "that" sound: not necessarily exactly a 47, but that smooth pro sound, a smoothness that doesn't depend on stomping the highs.

no opinion on their other mics.
22nd March 2011
Old 22nd March 2011
Gear nut

I just recently finished my vocal chain thanks to several patient, p-a-t-i-e-n-t, GS contributors.

In the end I settled on a CV4-Audient Mico-Metric Halo ULN signal path. Stunning! Although my experience is not very vast (Blue Bottle, Rode NT1, SP C/B1), the jump in quality for me was short of breathtaking.

I've had the opportunity to try out Neumann U87, TLM 102/103, and in comparison I personally like the flexibility and tone of the CV4 better... not to mention the pricepoint.

jm2c,

~C
Mac Pro 8 Core, 10 gigs, OSX SL, Metric Halo, Miktek, Taylor, Studio One 2, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Bitwig , NI, Spectrasonics, 8Dio, Sonic Couture, Heavyocity, Schroeder's Piano, and a Partridge Family 8-Track.

"The art of good enough is often the key to an artisans success"

CWC - Creative Designer
http://www.handiworksmedia.com/handiworks-music/
20th April 2011
Old 20th April 2011
Gear nut

where can i get one of these in the uk?
22nd April 2011
Old 22nd April 2011
Banned

14th May 2011
Old 14th May 2011
Gear interested

CV4!
16th June 2011
Old 16th June 2011
Gear interested

Send a message via AIM to jasonthemassey
johnkenn,

from previous searches i've done on the peluso mics, i know you have/had a 2247 LE and have said some pretty nice things about it... wondering if the miktek beat it out. how would you compare the two mics? i'm trying to decide between the peluso, pearlman and miktek.

i've actually cut vocals here in town with the peluso and loved what we got... i had a mojave ma-200 and found it to be a little brittle/harsh with the sibilance. guess that's my biggest concern, as some people have complained about the peluso being that way. would love to hear your thoughts

btw, you have a website or anything? loved your clips and i'm here in nashville too.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search