Any great gear u have but don´t use much but should?
Old 15th August 2009
Lives for gear

Any great gear u have but don´t use much but should?

From time to time I find out I have great gear, just that I on a daily basis don´t reach for them cuz I forget about it, or even I didn´t even know I had it.
Than when not on a tight deadline and having some the time exploring a lill, I find plenty of great plugs in my Mac or outboard that I should put on my daily "To use" list...
Like recently, I found some new free Bricasti M7 IR impulses on the Internet for the Waves IR1. I didn´t even know the IR1 was in my bundle..
Well I tried them out ... "Wow"!

Please tell me I´m not the only one...
Old 16th August 2009
Lives for gear

Of course not. Anyone with a large collection of audio gear is bound to have some cool stuff that for some reason or another, sees little use.

For me it would be my Studer 169 mic pre/eq, my Orban Co-Operator 464A Limiter (partly because it needs to be serviced), and my pair of ADM 780 mic pres.

Oh and also one of my GT MD1 tube SDC's doesnt see any use (i have a pair) because i dont do stereo with the MD1's all that often. I used to, but its such a hassle breaking out both power supplies, shockmounts, mics, special cables, power cables for the power supplies, mic cables....just thinking about it makes me not want to do it. Hah.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search