New Reply
Subscribe
bboyt3nsk
20th July 2009
Old 20th July 2009
Gear interested

Send a message via AIM to bboyt3nsk
Free Protools sessions

Let me first start out by saying I have searched numerous times, Im just not exactly sure what it would be under...

Anyway, My question is... I am in between gigs and having a hard time finding some work. I want to be able to keep my protools chops. There's only so many FL songs I can make and import into protools and mix and edit that way or editing and mixing 2 guitar files together.
So, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a site or a place where I can pick up some raw, untouched protools sessions. I stumbled across a few sites a long time ago but, I cannot, for the life of me, find them anymore.

Thanks!

Dave
bboyt3nsk
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear interested

Theres gotta be something out there!
cbarrett92
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
cbarrett92

Not in the Protools format, but below is a site that offers some multitraks in the .wav format from Nine Inch Nails. These have kept me entertained for a while

NINRemixes.com - Multitrack Sources
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Lives for gear

anyone got the queen multi-tracks???
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear Head

Yeah, I've got the Queen stuff; it's just the multi-track files, so it's not a Pro Tools specific session. There are some PT sessions on the Digi website, where you can see how people set up their PT sessions. There's a Jez Colin PT session that's pretty interesting in the sense that you see how he routes things and what plugins he uses.

On a sidenote, has anyone been able to download the Chris Vrenna session and have the zip'ed file mount? I've never been able to.
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Green View Post
Yeah, I've got the Queen stuff; it's just the multi-track files, so it's not a Pro Tools specific session. There are some PT sessions on the Digi website, where you can see how people set up their PT sessions. There's a Jez Colin PT session that's pretty interesting in the sense that you see how he routes things and what plugins he uses.

On a sidenote, has anyone been able to download the Chris Vrenna session and have the zip'ed file mount? I've never been able to.
upload the .wav's man, don't hold back!!!!
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear Head

Ha I wouldn't want to hold back, but I did get them from a former instructor who has been in the industry for a long time so I should probably ask him first. God forbid there's a legal issue and I somehow get him in trouble. If I can post them, what would be the best way to do so. Email only allows a certain size file so I'd rather not be emailing 18 different times, or whatever the total number of tracks there are.

As a means of whetting your appettite, I found it amazing how good it sounded just throwing faders up to unity and doing a little panning. They just don't do it like that anymore.
bboyt3nsk
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear interested

Thanks alot guys! that NINremixes.com site is exactly what im lookin for! And are you talking about THE Queen ,as in freddie mercury?
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear Head

Yep that queen. It's Killer Queen and it's pretty cool being able to solo those Harmonized guitar solos. I've also got a couple Def Leppard songs as well, although those were given to me in more trust than the Queen song so.... Anyone have any thoughts on the legality of posting this stuff? I spend all my money on gear, so I can't afford any legal fees
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear Head

Just Google for "Multitrack Masters".
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear nut

go to multiplatinumprotools.com They have some excellent instruction videos for pro tools. When you buy their videos, each comes with the session that they are using in the video for you to mess with yourself. I think the site also has some free sessions that you can use. Check it out
bboyt3nsk
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear interested

Thanks! Great stuff! Ill def hit all those sights....If that queen session can become available...id love to get my hands on that!

Dave
Daft
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Daft

Regarding the legalities of the Queen multitracks, there's a huge discussion on the Queen fan forum: Multitrack Updates

The last post sums it up:
Quote:
"Please do not post any multi tracks here. EMI will hunt down any source they can find, so please do not post any links to multitracks by Queen or any other band on this board."
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear addict

12th May 2012
Old 12th May 2012
Gear interested

are there any steely dan multi tracks?
RiF
13th May 2012
Old 13th May 2012
RiF
Lives for gear

Check out mixoff.org, lotsa raw tracks for mixing over there.
13th May 2012
Old 13th May 2012
Gear Head

Shaking Through : Cat Martino

They post a new song every month. They post vids on how it was recorded and post their mix, then they release the raw multitracks so you can play with the audio. they have forums around here featuring all the different remixes GSers have done. its one of my fav web series.

Enjoy!

Some of my work
16th August 2012
Old 16th August 2012
Gear interested

bboyt3nsk You can find some sessions to mess with at Protools Webshop also they includes some tutorials.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search