This is Total Crap!!! Guess what!
neon
11th June 2009
Old 11th June 2009
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

This is Total Crap!!! Guess what!

I can not believe Digidesign Elastic Audio was welcomed like an amazing feature and concept.

No only sounds horrible with so many artifacts but also is so slow the process of rendering just to get very mediocre results.

Ableton live or ACID Pro are so many YEARS ahead with this kind of technology!

and Pro Tools users believe is the newest thing!

E.A not only sounds like shxt but also makes my session crash! and I am PT 8 HD.

and soooo slow!

Wake Up Digidesign!!!!
11th June 2009
Old 11th June 2009
Gear maniac

+1 on Ableton being light years ahead!
11th June 2009
Old 11th June 2009
Gear maniac

IMO any stretching of audio like this is going to cause phasing.
So, I wouldn't use it in a final cut of anything.
Or in any other program.
So, I use EA for what it's worth.
I enjoy the feature, but just for scratch ideas and ridiculousness.
11th June 2009
Old 11th June 2009
Lives for gear

What samplerate/bitdepth was your source?
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Gear Guru

Ick.
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Lives for gear

i like the ableton feature as well, i use an older version within protools mix. the only thing thats not-so-great is when you press the mono button. makes me cut the files in the old school way, takes much longer, sounds way better.

did this change with the newer ableton versions ?
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
I can not believe Digidesign Elastic Audio was welcomed like an amazing feature and concept.

No only sounds horrible with so many artifacts but also is so slow the process of rendering just to get very mediocre results.

Ableton live or ACID Pro are so many YEARS ahead with this kind of technology!

and Pro Tools users believe is the newest thing!

E.A not only sounds like shxt but also makes my session crash! and I am PT 8 HD.

and soooo slow!

Wake Up Digidesign!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinnacleProdUK View Post
+1 on Ableton being light years ahead!

I actually have really good results with E.A. (good enough to be used on a bunch of higher profile projects)...

Its all about playing with the controls and using higher sample rates (88.2 or above).

I think abelton's warp feature sucks personally... but everything else in abelton is cool fo sho (except for no timecode :-( )
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor999 View Post
I actually have really good results with E.A. (good enough to be used on a bunch of higher profile projects)...

Its all about playing with the controls and using higher sample rates (88.2 or above).

I think abelton's warp feature sucks personally... but everything else in abelton is cool fo sho (except for no timecode :-( )
For me when I do Pre production I use 24 Bit 48khz and really is almost a nightmare! I would love to have E.A working fine, at the end I will re record all the tracks after preproduction is done!

acoustic Gtrs never sounds good to me.

actually I tried to use X FORM on a couple of tracks , maybe 10 bars and PT crashed on me twice and waited so long....and never got even closer to finish.

so what is the deal???

maybe some tips??
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL View Post
For me when I do Pre production I use 24 Bit 48khz and really is almost a nightmare! I would love to have E.A working fine, at the end I will re record all the tracks after preproduction is done!

acoustic Gtrs never sounds good to me.

actually I tried to use X FORM on a couple of tracks , maybe 10 bars and PT crashed on me twice and waited so long....and never got even closer to finish.

so what is the deal???

maybe some tips??
I use polyphonic on everything.

Higher sample rates sound better to me.

When i get done I always used X-Form rendering... it makes it sound much better... I consider the "Modes" for preview and editing purposes only... I sometimes leave my computer on in the editing room and track other projects/songs in another studio.

Elastic Audio is really great for pocketing an already pretty darn good performance... If there are easily audible playing errors, edit the sections by hand then use elastic audio to tighten the whole performance.

Don't force it to do extreme stetches!

Tracking things well with plenty of separation helps tremendously.

Mono tracks (One mic on an acoustic guitar) sound a lot better elasticized than most stereo techniques (I always seem to have the best results with XY or Mid-Side.... not as good with spaced pair or ORTF). Most of the problems come from EA analyzing each track in a stereo pair differently and thus stretches them differently, thus phasing.... If you are doing stereo things apply the same warp to each side.

Bass always works very will for me with very little dicking around with the controls.

Play around with the "window" controls in the plugin.
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor999 View Post
I use polyphonic on everything.

Higher sample rates sound better to me.

When i get done I always used X-Form rendering... it makes it sound much better... I consider the "Modes" for preview and editing purposes only... I sometimes leave my computer on in the editing room and track other projects/songs in another studio.

Elastic Audio is really great for pocketing an already pretty darn good performance... If there are easily audible playing errors, edit the sections by hand then use elastic audio to tighten the whole performance.

Don't force it to do extreme stetches!

Tracking things well with plenty of separation helps tremendously.

Mono tracks (One mic on an acoustic guitar) sound a lot better elasticized than most stereo techniques (I always seem to have the best results with XY or Mid-Side.... not as good with spaced pair or ORTF). Most of the problems come from EA analyzing each track in a stereo pair differently and thus stretches them differently, thus phasing.... If you are doing stereo things apply the same warp to each side.

Bass always works very will for me with very little dicking around with the controls.

Play around with the "window" controls in the plugin.
Thanks MAYOR999!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search