RME FF 400 vs. Echo Audiofire 8 vs. Mbox 2 Pro vs. Audio 8 DJ
nativestate
1st May 2009
Old 1st May 2009
Gear interested

RME FF 400 vs. Echo Audiofire 8 vs. Mbox 2 Pro vs. Audio 8 DJ

All right everyone,

I desperately need help on making a decision between these audio interfaces. After, a week of reading reviews I seem to be chasing my own tail.

I currently own the Mbox 2 Pro and am looking to upgrade to better converters=better sound quality.

My emphases is an audio interface with great conversion for producing in logic and one I can use for 3 channel external mixing(not using timecode) with Traktor Pro.

The problem I'm having is I still use Pro Tools for about 15% of my work and maybe acquiring more.

Up until a week ago I was going to pick-up the RME FF400 but have read reviews on the Echo AudioFire 8 having comparable converters.

I’ll be picking up Traktor Pro and have also seen the Audio 8 Dj package as a viable option. I've read that it also has good conversion but is it better then the Mbox 2 Pro for Logic?

Yikes! Help would be greatly appreciated!!
nativestate
2nd May 2009
Old 2nd May 2009
Gear interested

?

????
2nd May 2009
Old 2nd May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativestate View Post
I desperately need help on making a decision between these audio interfaces. My emphases is an audio interface with great conversion for producing in logic and one I can use for 3 channel external mixing(not using timecode) with Traktor Pro.
Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Nativestate

I suggest you get the audiofire and use the price difference between it and RME to purchase best external clock to clock audiofire wordclock via BNC.

I am clocking audiofire 12 via BNC word by Cranesong Hedd and I am getting really good conversion through audiofire- not quite as detailed and wide as Hedd but wow- in the ballpark.

Without the external clocking by Hedd was a huge difference between Cranesong Hedd and Audiofire (in terms of width and spatial depth and richness.

There have been good reviews of the BLA microclock-a great external clock clocking audiofire would be my tip.

GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search