I am looking for some advice in regards to mixing a project for cinema. I have been given a comercial to write music to and do the sound design for that the client would like to have shown in the cinema.
I will be booking a proffesional mixing facility who I would like to ask to mix down and master to 5.1 for the cinema:
1) Once the project has been mixed and mastered, I will take away the master (is there a prefered format I should ask for ??),
2) Can anyone tell me what the next step is from here please? i.e Do I need to send it to a Dolby lab to be encoded?
3) I believe there is a need for a Dolby license, does anyone know how this might work and if it is expensive?
4) Can I go with another surround format for which I don't need a license?
5) Is a surround mix realistic for a comercial?
Thanks in advance,