Login / Register

Need a quick answer - trade my Yamaha DX7 for a Roland MC505?
New Reply
Subscribe
hepcat
30th March 2009
Old 30th March 2009
Gear nut

Need a quick answer - trade my Yamaha DX7 for a Roland MC505?

Is this a good deal? I listed my old Yamaha DX7, dinged up and missing the "Data Entry" slider, for $250 on craigslist. I had one guy respond, offering me a Roland MC505 in "similar condition" plus $50 for my DX7. Is this a good deal? Should I do it?
30th March 2009
Old 30th March 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
Is this a good deal? I listed my old Yamaha DX7, dinged up and missing the "Data Entry" slider, for $250 on craigslist. I had one guy respond, offering me a Roland MC505 in "similar condition" plus $50 for my DX7. Is this a good deal? Should I do it?
Since the DX7 is basically worthless nowadays, it's not a bad deal. Last time someone tried to trade in a DX7 with case to the music shop I was working in, we offered him £40 (about $60.)

MC505's weren't very robust though and I've seen and heard plenty of stories where their knobs would transmit parameter changes even when not being touched. It has some usable sounds though, and more modern than those on the DX7.

Tough call.
31st March 2009
Old 31st March 2009
Gear nut

I've seen the DX7s listed on craigslist for upwards of $400? Are they just wishful thinking or are they really selling for that? I think I might just go ahead and do it...I don't use it and maybe I could find use for the MC505.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search