PACE/iLok phone number?
KrisNY
11th February 2009
Old 11th February 2009
Lives for gear

PACE/iLok phone number?

Anybody got PACE's number? Not on their website. Filed an RMA and sent the iLok in over two weeks ago. Haven't heard a peep and they aren't answering my emails. Ughhhh so frustrating.

This is like... INFINITE downtime!
11th February 2009
Old 11th February 2009
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

My Studio

# 408-979-9774
KrisNY
11th February 2009
Old 11th February 2009
Lives for gear

Cheers Adam - thanks!
KrisNY
11th February 2009
Old 11th February 2009
Lives for gear

Wow... just went through every combination on the automated menus and there is no possible way to speak to a human being - just email support. That is beyond frustrating.
11th February 2009
Old 11th February 2009
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

My Studio

KrisNY
11th February 2009
Old 11th February 2009
Lives for gear

Lost in the mail. This isn't happening....
11th February 2009
Old 11th February 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisNY View Post
Anybody got PACE's number? Not on their website.
Adam already gave you the info, and I'll add that this place lets you see who owns a domain, and usually has contact info too:

G E E K T O O L S

In the case of ilok.com they show the same number Adam gave you. So file this for the next time you need to find an errant vendor!

--Ethan
KrisNY
11th February 2009
Old 11th February 2009
Lives for gear

Hey Ethan very cool man! Many thanks for that.
11th February 2009
Old 11th February 2009

It's very difficult to get anyone on the phone... they prefer email.
12th February 2009
Old 12th February 2009
Gear Guru

Yes, but if a company doesn't respond to emails after 2 weeks then they suck. No other answer. I'll go further and say all emails should be answered or at least acknowledged within 24 hours or less. If "they" prefer email then that's for their convenience. What about the paying customers upon whom they depend? In this case the company is a monopoly. Like that old Laugh In skit with Lily Tomlin as Ernestine the telephone operator: "We're the phone company. We don't have to care."

The Lily Tomlin Lesson- Washington, DC

Sorry for the rant.

--Ethan
12th February 2009
Old 12th February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Talbot View Post
100%

Time to flood their inbox with 500 duplicate emails.
Because being a ****** bag of the highest caliber will make a company want you to continue being their loyal and frequent customer.

Some customers are bad business, and companies know that. If you make yourself a 'bad customer' then don't expect to get 'good service'.
12th February 2009
Old 12th February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
Because being a ****** bag of the highest caliber will make a company want you to continue being their loyal and frequent customer.

Some customers are bad business, and companies know that. If you make yourself a 'bad customer' then don't expect to get 'good service'.
But wouldn't this be a case of 'bad service' turning people into 'bad customers'?
21st February 2009
Old 21st February 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisNY View Post
Lost in the mail. This isn't happening....
Hey KrisNY.

I'm actually having EXACTLY the same issue.

And I'm posting international with a postal service that is FLAWLESSLY reliable. I've never ever had a single problem posting with their service.

Finally got a response from PACE, with two days remaining on my temporary RMA licenses... they responded saying they haven't yet received the package and that I should contact the postal service for tracking details. And that they'll "keep an eye out" for the package.

I'm very dubious about this. And I'm in the middle of a VERY important project that I can't afford to lose more time on. Blood pressure RISING.
21st February 2009
Old 21st February 2009
Gear interested

Can be the same here....
Tracking says it's delivered on wednesday.
They say (by e-mail) have not got it yet.
Temporary licenses will expire tommorow...
21st February 2009
Old 21st February 2009
Gear Head

OK this is getting ridiculous. I've successfully tracked my package (after panicking that it had been lost in international transit).

It says "Attempted Delivery" Feb 14.

7 DAYS AGO!!!

PACE are saying, by e-mail, that they will "keep an eye out for the package"

I am absolutely panicking that I will lose my temporary licenses tomorrow and be FURTHER behind in deadlines for TWO MAJOR projects that I am working on FOR MAJOR LABEL RELEASE.

I will be taking LEGAL ACTION if this causes me further inconvenience, cost be damned. This is completely unacceptable.
21st February 2009
Old 21st February 2009
Lives for gear

Something is wrong because I filed an RMA because my iLok broke during a move. I got a temp authorization that day, and a permanent within 3 days.
24th February 2009
Old 24th February 2009
Gear Head

Yes. Something is very wrong.

Nobody from PACE is responding to my (up till now, rather civilized) e-mails.

I just think this is completely unacceptable. This situation was in NO WAY due to my negligence. It was a simple hardware failure of THEIR PRODUCT. I followed their suggested procedures TO THE LETTER.

Zero Downtime is quickly turning into "Quite A Lot Of Downtime. Blown Deadlines. Clients Pressuring For Results. Added Embarrassment. Zero Earnings."

And the list goes on. This is unbelievable.
24th February 2009
Old 24th February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_real View Post
Yes. Something is very wrong.

Nobody from PACE is responding to my (up till now, rather civilized) e-mails.

I just think this is completely unacceptable. This situation was in NO WAY due to my negligence. It was a simple hardware failure of THEIR PRODUCT. I followed their suggested procedures TO THE LETTER.

Zero Downtime is quickly turning into "Quite A Lot Of Downtime. Blown Deadlines. Clients Pressuring For Results. Added Embarrassment. Zero Earnings."

And the list goes on. This is unbelievable.
That sucks man. I am already back up and running. Even my Waves authorizations went through and you sent yours in way before me.
KrisNY
25th February 2009
Old 25th February 2009
Lives for gear

A month later, they received my package.
15th October 2009
Old 15th October 2009
Lives for gear

I just got one of this pieces of shit, I've signed in once, the site no longer takes my password which I'm 100% certain is correct. Cannot reset because it's asking me for a security question THAT I WAS NEVER ASKED TO SETUP. Keep submitting tickets, no reply.

WTF is up with this? If i supported my customers this poorly I'd be homeless. Does anyone having any pull with PACE? This piece of shit company is why I abandoned my Waves Plugs after they moved off the HASP dongles (yes, I'm THAT old ).
MsM
15th October 2009
Old 15th October 2009
MsM
Gear nut

Interesting thread. Seems like an unreliable/unprofessional company. Glad I haven't any iLok protected software yet, and certainly won't rely on any SW using it in the future.

Sorry to hear about your problems guys, depending on something like this in a professional setting seems to be risky business.

dfegad PACE/iLok
19th April 2010
Old 19th April 2010
Lives for gear

Someone purchased Sonnox licenses from me and it was all approved by Sonnox. I paid the transfer with iLok and now they sent an email saying it was declined and they returned the licenses into my account? WTF! I called Paypal and they told me iLok tried to bill me twice! Now I can't find any way to get in contact with them and fix this issue. The funds that I originally paid for the transfer are still "pending". iLok has my money and the buyer doesn't have his licenses. Complete BULL SHIT. iLok SUCKS!!!
26th July 2010
Old 26th July 2010
Lives for gear

I am calling, no answers.....email...no answer......
7th February 2011
Old 7th February 2011
Gear interested

Oh man, I just sent my iLok (RMA). Is there anything positive about your experiences? I have most of my licenses on that thing, and the company that represents iLok here gave me a replacement iLok, coz i have no ZDT, which allows me to run ProTools only. So what the hell am I supposed to do if it doesn't get back to me? I work in a full on production house that is a Swiss army knife for audio, only all my tools are on that iLok.
10th February 2011
Old 10th February 2011
Gear interested

Scrap that boys and girls. My iLok is on its way back home, which makes the whole process under a week. Awesome service to be honest, i don't particularly agree to the idea of the iLok, since it was pretty tragic without ZDT, but hey the good service just makes it okay. They replied to every email i sent, communicating every step of the way, so yes i am happy with PACE so far.
24th July 2011
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear

Cronce Industries, Inc.
1363 Meridian Ave.
San Jose, CA 95125-5212
(408)-979-9774

I hate that hackers/pirates hide behind their computer monitors. And if I could get their info to put out on the internet believe me I would. Just like I'd like to out every corrupt politician and business owner. People/businesses tend to act less shady when you know where they live/do business at.

Answer your damn phones, Pace/Cronce Industries! Magic Jack at CVS, $20 a year. If you are making money off people who are trying to legitimately pay for software (and forced to use your hardware for the "privilege) but making the process hard then your info needs to be out there. At the very least so people can sue you when they're ignored!

If I ever have to deal with poor customer service with the Zero Down Time "insurance" then I may pay them a visit in-person and shove my old iLok 1 up their you-know-whats! That will be a "software crack" they'll never forget.
14th December 2011
Old 14th December 2011
Gear nut

408 377 9774 is the new iLok Pace contact as of Dec 14/2011 HOWEVER, forget calling it if you haven't purchased their service bundle. It will take you forever, but you'll have to resort to their slow email system.
13th January 2012
Old 13th January 2012
Gear maniac

So...I just purchased two products during the Christmas sales that require iLok. What a huge joke. I've literally spent HOURS trying to get this thing "authorized". I've updated the drivers, client software, etc etc. Still nothing. My newly built audio pc sees the dongle and says its working properly.

And now I find out that iLok avoids telephone support. I wish I had know this before I made these purchases, b/c there's absolutely no way I will do business with a company who makes it hard to get support.

Actually this is just a rant b/c I don't even care about what needs to happen to get this working. It should never, EVER be this difficult. I'm returning both products and if there's any hesitation at all from the retailers I'm protesting the charge with Paypal.
13th January 2012
Old 13th January 2012
Gear nut

Couldn't agree with you more and I'm sorry to say that it's not going to get any better. It'll only become more frustrating. iLok completely suck at end user support. They're amazing at protecting the interests of their clients (in my case Avid) but seriously . . . forget EVER getting any assistance from iLok directly.

Advice:

1) Call the authorized reseller from whom you purchased your iLok related product. They can occasionally have better luck getting through to someone there but it will take time. If you're looking to get your product(s) up and running quickly, forget it.

2) iLok does provide a support telephone number but it's similar to an AppleCare package . . . you have to buy it and you have to buy it BEFORE you leave the store with your product. Then, and only then, will you get someone at iLok on the phone.

They're REALLY horrible.

Good luck.
13th January 2012
Old 13th January 2012
Lives for gear

I emailed ilok late last night I got an answer (via email) at 2.00 PM today.
I have never had an issue getting a quick answer (M-F) via email.
It's expensive to man telephones - If you email through your ilok account they know what is going on and it's helps them help you faster.
We you call they have no possible way to verify who you even are.
Maybe someone could be calling them trying gain access to steal someone else's ilok account.
I am glad they have a good security system in place that prevents ilok account theft.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search