#2
13th November 2008
Old 13th November 2008
  #2
Gear Guru
 
AllAboutTone's Avatar
 

Is this in the right place for porn ? I got a infraction for placing a porn site name on here, not a link i might add. This is a link.....lol
#3
13th November 2008
Old 13th November 2008
  #3
Pragmatic Snob
 
u b k's Avatar
 

if that's porn, then there's a good chance it's only for those into necrophilia.


gregoire
del
ubk
.
#4
13th November 2008
Old 13th November 2008
  #4
Moderator
 
James Lugo's Avatar
 

I'm reporting you.
#5
13th November 2008
Old 13th November 2008
  #5
Lives for gear
 
LeMauce's Avatar
 

Q: Hello, do you know if all the preamps and meters of this console are working in good conditions?. Thanks Nelson 13-Nov-08
A: As stated in auction is is sold untested and as-is. Thanks


Ok.... i know enough. Thats going take a bitch to recap and maintance the beast.
So be aware
#6
13th November 2008
Old 13th November 2008
  #6
Lives for gear
 
infopimpster's Avatar
 

Quote:
It is being sold complete with 1 x plastic Neve knob from a 51 series mixer (not pictured).
Huh?
alexp
Thread Starter
#7
13th November 2008
Old 13th November 2008
  #7
Lives for gear
 
alexp's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by infopimpster View Post
Huh?

I thought that was a bit odd as well.



alexP
#8
13th November 2008
Old 13th November 2008
  #8
Gear addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexp View Post
I thought that was a bit odd as well.



alexP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay seller
It is just a free plastic knob from a Neve mixer
well, it's better than those people who sell behringer desks and put "not neve" in the item title...
#9
13th November 2008
Old 13th November 2008
  #9
Lives for gear
 
NYMo's Avatar
 

Hi there,

Yeah...ebay now prohibits (or is meant to) any reference that is not actually for sale.

So when people search for *Neve* having a Neve knob(the cheapest visible part) lends
legitimacy to the listing. There are a few of these types on ebay.

Cheers
N
Y
M
O
#10
14th November 2008
Old 14th November 2008
  #10
Lives for gear
 
headwerkn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMo View Post
So when people search for *Neve* having a Neve knob(the cheapest visible part) lends
legitimacy to the listing. There are a few of these types on ebay.
Great... does that mean we're going to see more Behringer MX602As being sold with a plastic Neve knob, API 500 blank panel and non-functional SSL Plasma meter?

Probably not, actually... the plastic Neve knob and API panel together actually cost more. ;-)
#11
14th November 2008
Old 14th November 2008
  #11
Lives for gear
 
soupking's Avatar
 

That thing looks like a freaking nightmare.

Be ready to get out your hat and whip, and soldering iron, cuz whoever buys that is going to realize it should've belonged in a museum once they're done working on it.

Yes, it probably sounds awesome, but F that.

Give me a Midas or DDA, I've got a tape machine to setup.

Heh, well, nobody said porn was pretty.

Peace,
-soup
#12
14th November 2008
Old 14th November 2008
  #12
Moderator
 
narcoman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupking View Post
That thing looks like a freaking nightmare.

Be ready to get out your hat and whip, and soldering iron, cuz whoever buys that is going to realize it should've belonged in a museum once they're done working on it.

Yes, it probably sounds awesome, but F that.

Give me a Midas or DDA, I've got a tape machine to setup.

Heh, well, nobody said porn was pretty.

Peace,
-soup

When in good nick - they didn't sound "awesome". They were highly proficient and a good unit.
I also imagine that this particular unit is a bit of a dog.... whoever gets it really doesnt know what they're letting themselves in for - power supplies are a bbbeeeyyaach on this baby. So porn? maybe "over 60's" .....
#13
14th November 2008
Old 14th November 2008
  #13
Lives for gear
 
soupking's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
When in good nick - they didn't sound "awesome". They were highly proficient and a good unit.
I also imagine that this particular unit is a bit of a dog.... whoever gets it really doesnt know what they're letting themselves in for - power supplies are a bbbeeeyyaach on this baby. So porn? maybe "over 60's" .....
Right on, I just figure two things that have to work upon purchase are Mogami, connectors, patchbay, and mixers. Outboard can poop out, but...to hell with repairing the unnecessary. Damn, I do get a hard on for vintage gear, but not vintage health discussions.

Give me something that works on the mains. That's one major thing I've learned from DIY.
#14
14th November 2008
Old 14th November 2008
  #14
Lives for gear
 
headwerkn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
So porn? maybe "over 60's" .....
Vintage porn - hmm... hairy, somewhat awkward.. and no sound!

You may have a point! ;-)
#15
14th November 2008
Old 14th November 2008
  #15
Pragmatic Snob
 
u b k's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiff View Post
...but they are a gear dealer and they could give a bit more info on what works and what doesn't.

that's exactly what they're doing, because you can bet you're @ss they plugged it in; a working console is worth a lot more, after all.

you *know* very little, if anything, works on this creature. my wild guess is nothing powers up, no life. start with the power supply, work from there.

what this desk is: a great deal for someone who knows how to refurbish and rack up the modules. calrecs sound great, they hold their own with the big boys, and resale on 24+ modules would greatly outstrip the purchase price.


gregoire
del
ubk
.


gregoire
del
ubk
.
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
manthe / So much gear, so little time!
98
BevvyB / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show & Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
16
andychamp / So much gear, so little time!
10
juicylime / So much gear, so little time!
16
tgrokz / So much gear, so little time!
26

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.