Login / Register

More free stuff....let's do it again!
New Reply
Subscribe
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

jchas, you have an unlimited FREE PIZZA account with me. Come n get it!

You can hear my songs HERE.
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Frindle View Post
She's been moping about in deep depression ever since, because she simply can't come to terms with the fact that a reputable company can be this dishonest.... I warned her time and time again, but she never believed me :-(
I know her pain. I retained a high-end employment attorney in addition to my unions attorney. They both have told me that while I present an extremely good case of wrongfull termination, I can't expect to win a court case based on fairness and principle. Evidently business law is exempt from fairness and principle.
I too went through a few weeks of depression, but now I need to worry about the future. I've been looking for employment, but with the market down there are few leads. And as a corporate locksmith with theft and fraud on my record it makes it rather difficult - and my ex-employer knows that!!!
It's a sad, sad state of affairs when businesses will stoop to this level to avoid layoffs which will affect their unemployment insurance premiums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon EA View Post
Maybe you should send a link to this thread to the attorneys/your former employer.
That's probably not necessary. They have a small group of employees who snoop the public forums (Facebook in particular) for dirt on other employees.
A nurse was recently fired (but reinstated) for posting "I had a day from hell at work today" on Facebook. Their reason for firing? It seems that stating something like that on a public forum where readers can look to your profile to see where you work constitutes Defamation Of Character against your employer. The nurse was given a suspension and told to refrain from any negative comments against her employer in any public forum, including, but not limited to, internet forums, public gatherings, or media outlets.

And thanks everyone for your kind words and warm hearts

Last edited by jchas; 23rd October 2009 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: Oops, almost forgot...
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Kills for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchas View Post
I know her pain. I retained a high-end employment attorney in addition to my unions attorney. They both have told me that while I present an extremely good case of wrongfull termination, I can't expect to win a court case based on fairness and principle. Evidently business law is exempt from fairness and principle.
I too went through a few weeks of depression, but now I need to worry about the future. I've been looking for employment, but with the market down there are few leads. And as a corporate locksmith with theft and fraud on my record it makes it rather difficult - and my ex-employer knows that!!!
It's a sad, sad state of affairs when businesses will stoop to this level to avoid layoffs which will affect their unemployment insurance premiums.

That's probably not necessary. They have a small group of employees who snoop the public forums (Facebook in particular) for dirt on other employees.
A nurse was recently fired (but reinstated) for posting "I had a day from hell at work today" on Facebook. Their reason for firing? It seems that stating something like that on a public forum where readers can look to your profile to see where you work constitutes Defamation Of Character against your employer. The nurse was given a suspension and told to refrain from any negative comments against her employer in any public forum, including, but not limited to, internet forums, public gatherings, or media outlets.
Being the state of affairs of the healthcare debate as it is, did you try a media outlet? Everyone loves a good story of the big, evil, corporate healthcare monster trying to screw the little guy.

not that I'm saying you're little... I mean you might be, but that's cool, little people are people too...

okay I'll quit while I'm ahead...
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb View Post
Being the state of affairs of the healthcare debate as it is, did you try a media outlet? Everyone loves a good story of the big, evil, corporate healthcare monster trying to screw the little guy.

not that I'm saying you're little... I mean you might be, but that's cool, little people are people too...

okay I'll quit while I'm ahead...
OK, forget what I said about the kind words and warm hearts fuuck
Just kidding
Yes i've thought about it. It would definately burn any bridges with them, and knowing how they operate I could forsee a defamation lawsuit on the horizon - but it is one of 3 options i'm mulling over. Well, there are actually 4 options but my luck at the lottery hasn't been too hot lately.
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
OK, forget what I said about the kind words and warm hearts fuuck
Just kidding
Yes i've thought about it. It would definately burn any bridges with them, and knowing how they operate I could forsee a defamation lawsuit on the horizon - but it is one of 3 options i'm mulling over. Well, there are actually 4 options but my luck at the lottery hasn't been too hot lately.
Well, Defamation laws in the US (from what I know, which is limited) state that the ultimate defense is truth. I wouldn't worry about burning bridges with them, they've done a bloody good job of burning them for you. Frankly, this is one of those situations where I want to tell you to just do everything you can to get back at them, but I really can't because I'm not in your shoes.
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Hi to all my favourites Slutzies !

I wish to all those going with heavy problem to find the peace very soon !

http://colonelblues.bandcamp.com/

My lil' place
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/6092424-post1037.html

DIY Guitar Isolation Cabinet. Advices welcome !
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/4476409-post1.html

Proud Cherry Tree family member, join us !
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Gear maniac

Hey Paul,

In respect to your daughter, I will now refrain from buying any products from boots from now on.

I'm sure she will go on to better things

joe
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Gear addict

Send a message via Skype™ to scattamah
Friday beers...

Too right it's time!

@ Pinky: The book in the pic (Mixing with your mind) is a good read. I'm learning lots from it...and it'll be going back on the thread soon

I hope this finds you all well...wherever you may be today

Greetz

S
Attached Thumbnails
More free stuff....let's do it again!-beertime08.jpg  
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Swimming with nanoprobes

Jchas, I sincerely hope everything works out for the best, and the same naturally goes for mr Frindle's daughter. Greed really brings out the worst in people, and there are a lot of companies out there which are run by a whole bunch of very greedy people...

Btw, hope you guys don't mind me bringing my Friday night coffee to the beer party. Best wishes for a great weekend to everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
More free stuff....let's do it again!-coffeecup.jpg  

Happy studio -> Borglab website and Borglab on Twitter.
Angry band -> Limited edition 10" EP out now!! (Also on iTunes, Spotify and those kinda joints. But it just won't smell like vinyl.)

"Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons." -- Spock
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg64 View Post
Btw, hope you guys don't mind me bringing my Friday night coffee to the beer party...
Not at all! I hope the beans tided you over for a couple of days

Greetz

S
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
GS Community Manager

23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Swimming with nanoprobes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattamah View Post
Not at all! I hope the beans tided you over for a couple of days
Hey Scott! Truth be told, and I feel a bit silly about this, I have yet to acquire a grinder. Being on parental leave left me very rich but in a non-monetary way, so to speak. But I'm heading right up the grinder trail this coming week, and will keep you updated on my adventures.
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Hey Scott!...<snip>
No worries It's all good. The ones in the gold bag are good morning beans

Greetz

S
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
They have a small group of employees who snoop the public forums (Facebook in particular) for dirt on other employees.
But they can't do anything about comments by people who aren't employees right? So what if a bunch of very kind and like-minded people who are committed to truth, justice, and the giving away; people who appreciate freedom at work and home; let's say a group of people from a forum about oh... I don't know... recording gear or something, took the time on their own Facebook pages to gently diss this megalomaniacal company with its own secret police. What would they do about that? I'm not suggesting verbal online vandalism or even defamation (I think you actually have to HAVE character for it to be defamed), just sharing the truth about this company with the people skills of Ebola Zaire.

I'm just sayin'...
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabhasg View Post
But they can't do anything about comments by people who aren't employees right? So what if a bunch of very kind and like-minded people who are committed to truth, justice, and the giving away; people who appreciate freedom at work and home; let's say a group of people from a forum about oh... I don't know... recording gear or something, took the time on their own Facebook pages to gently diss this megalomaniacal company with its own secret police. What would they do about that? I'm not suggesting verbal online vandalism or even defamation (I think you actually have to HAVE character for it to be defamed), just sharing the truth about this company with the people skills of Ebola Zaire.

I'm just sayin'...
I must say, I like the way you think.
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
has all the gear he needs

Came home early....house to myself....all weekend.

There WILL be mad science sonic experimentation going on here.......all Jersey slutz invited.

Amps are in the living room (for the time being). Fourth take, second beer.

Happy Friday to all.........

Leonard Scaper
RawBeanZen
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emorgan_Voice View Post
Good Morning all. Crazy hectic day here, hope all yours are going well.
Greetings.

Oh, and by the way....I drew randomly and you just won yesterday's gift package!

Enjoy.

Thanks so much to everyone who wrote in. Please know that your stories touched me.

23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Jchas, I sincerely hope everything works out for the best, and the same naturally goes for mr Frindle's daughter. Greed really brings out the worst in people, and there are a lot of companies out there which are run by a whole bunch of very greedy people...

Btw, hope you guys don't mind me bringing my Friday night coffee to the beer party. Best wishes for a great weekend to everyone.
I am with you on the virtual/real coffee. I quit drinking and smoking when I got sick. I didn't think it was that big of a sacrifice, seeing as I now get to have a virtual beer or two on fridays...

"Let's not argue whose idea it was to bring the Jarts and tequila. We need to all work together to fix the hole in this guy's head."
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Kineticturtle, an old Boss chorus pedal is flying through the air, headed West for the Bay Area where it once lived a life of chorusy, non-freezing bliss. Enjoy!

Engine 7 and Big Country, sorry for further delay, but I'll have to send your gifts out after my wife and I return from our romantic getaway to the stony shores of Lake Superior!

23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I must say, I like the way you think.
Really not bad, but it must be "well managed", to not be "dangerous" for any "ex-employee", mmmh ? See what I mean ?

Anyway, if necessary, count me in for any action like that…
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
… my wife and I return from our romantic getaway to the stony shores of Lake Superior!

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Aaaaah… l'amour ! Toujours l'amour !!!

23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kaufman View Post
Kineticturtle, an old Boss chorus pedal is flying through the air, headed West for the Bay Area where it once lived a life of chorusy, non-freezing bliss. Enjoy!

Engine 7 and Big Country, sorry for further delay, but I'll have to send your gifts out after my wife and I return from our romantic getaway to the stony shores of Lake Superior!

no worries enjoy
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blues View Post
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Aaaaah… l'amour ! Toujours l'amour !
Oui, mon frere! It appears I shall soon be in need of a wheelchair!
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Gear nut

DUDE, YOU ROCK. A great package no doubt. Since I am not a guitarist, the strings will be given to my son. Originally, not realizing they were for accoustic, I was going to give them to my best friend. Seeing that they are accoustic strings, they will find a home on my sons accoustic, which are much needed. The DVD will absolutely be enjoyed, and the $100 for Zenpro will go toward the SafeSound P1 I have been dying to get.This thread absolutely rocks, as do the guys that particiapate!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawBeanZen View Post
Greetings.

Oh, and by the way....I drew randomly and you just won yesterday's gift package!

Enjoy.

Thanks so much to everyone who wrote in. Please know that your stories touched me.

23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawBeanZen View Post
Greetings.

Enjoy.

Congrats EMORGAN_VOICE!!!

Last edited by bigtom; 23rd October 2009 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: Don't know how to spell
RawBeanZen
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
This thread absolutely rocks, as do the guys that particiapate!!
There are some gals who participate around here too, BTW, and they most certainly rock as well.

Cheers!

23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Sincerely Happy for You, EMORGAN VOICE !!!
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

Happy Friday everyone! Up and up we go!
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Lives for gear

13977th post… in one year, we'll be quoted at Wall Street Market !
23rd October 2009
Old 23rd October 2009
Swimming with nanoprobes

Quote:
DUDE, YOU ROCK. A great package no doubt. Since I am not a guitarist, the strings will be given to my son. Originally, not realizing they were for accoustic, I was going to give them to my best friend. Seeing that they are accoustic strings, they will find a home on my sons accoustic, which are much needed. The DVD will absolutely be enjoyed, and the $100 for Zenpro will go toward the SafeSound P1 I have been dying to get.This thread absolutely rocks, as do the guys that particiapate!!
Definitely sounds like this package ended up right where it should - big congrats Emorgan Voice!

Dang, I haven't given anything away in ages on this here thread. I suddenly feel the need to rummage. stikestike !!RUMMAGE!! stikestike

(I'll be back... )
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search