More free stuff....let's do it again!
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

WOW!

jchas, what a thing you've done here!

I can't thank you enough.

You've managed to make my day two days in a row, my friend.

As you know, an updated version of that list at the beginning of each month would be a huge ongoing service to all of us who are involved with this thread.

Gratefully,

RBZ

Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick-the-sax View Post
tell me about it!!!!

i STILL havn't shut up about mr Rawbe's gift to me.
I'm so glad it found a happy home with you, Nick.

And from the little I've heard, you're doing mighty fine work with it...

Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinhurwitz View Post
Just to keep things moving, I have just come upon a stash of Adamas Graphite guitar picks. Favored by Jerry Garcia and Trey Anastasio, they are no longer made, are very hard to find and have been going for up to $12 apiece on ebay. The first 3 people who tell me something cool about guitar (or bass) can each have one. They do last forever. Very light and absolutely will not bend.Edwin
Not sure if this warrants a pick or not - and seeing as I can't play guitar if my life depends on it I guess I really don't deserve one anyway. But I just bought my guitar player a used Fender Nashville Deluxe Power Pro guitar and it is the coolest thing we've ever heard (except possibly the MIDI guitar). He already has a top of the line LP and Strat, but he really likes this guitar. It has the typical Tele pickups, but also has a Strat pickup in between them for some really neat combinations. I know that's not all that cool - but it also has a Fishman Piezo pickup under the bridge that can be used solo for a really nice electro/acoustic guitar sound, it can also be blended (not just switched) with the other PUPS for some really interesting combinations. AND, the output jack is a stereo jack that allows you to send the PUPS to an amp and the Piezo to another amp or preamp at the same time.
I've asked a few of my guitar playing buddies if they've ever tried one and they've never even heard of them. OK, so maybe not the coolest guitar story ever, but it's gotta be one of the coolest guitars ever.
So, if it deserves a pick - i'll give it to my guitar player for the new guitar.
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryman View Post
I've had no replies on the Nebula2 license i am buying for the lucky slut.
If there are no entrants it by default will go to Rawbeanzen, either way i am happy. thumbsup
Angryman, it was very kind of you to consider me as your "default" giftee...

Quote:
The winner of the Nebula2 license is rhythmtech!

...But even better, congrats to rhythmtech!

Old 1st February 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchas View Post
Attachment 108821

I should mention that while it took a heck of a long time to compile, I won't guarentee it's 100% accurate.
Early on in the thread there were no rules of listing the giftee. As the thread progressed, sometimes the giftee wasn't listed until many pages later, and not always with the exact same name of the gift that was listed in the original post. Some posts were deleted and impossible to guess at what they contained. And some were simply difficult to decipher.
The left column (giftors) is the order in which people joined the thread.
It would be nice if everyone could add to the excel file to update it.
Wow. Thanks for the laborious compiling!
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

I can only play well with Jazz III's, so I'll leave the picks to someone else... but check out my cool guitar:
Attached Thumbnails
More free stuff....let's do it again!-dscf2289.jpg  
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
The winner of the Nebula2 license is rhythmtech!

rhythmtech I will contact you with all the neccesary details for you to claim your prize.Good on you for participating. I hope you have fun with it!
oh my gawwwddd!!!!

ha. i'd just like to thank my family, my dog, my god..

seriously though, HUGE thanks to angryman for gifting me nebula. it'll be put to very good use

Old 1st February 2009
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

anyone have DI boxes or extra mics mic cables or mic stands.... =) id pay shipping!

Love
Evan
Old 1st February 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinAiken View Post
My guitar cable, direct box, and Sigur Ros tshirt went to Ubu4him.
And i am very very thankful for them =D

to the people im doing myspace profiles for ... i am sorry ... i am still working on them.... AH!!!!!!!! i feel kinda bad for the delay.... and RAWBEANZEN ... i still need to mail the check ... so sorry guys ... im trying to finish the stuff up soon....
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubu4him View Post
And i am very very thankful for them =D

to the people im doing myspace profiles for ... i am sorry ... i am still working on them.... AH!!!!!!!! i feel kinda bad for the delay.... and RAWBEANZEN ... i still need to mail the check ... so sorry guys ... im trying to finish the stuff up soon....
It's cool brother. We know that you're probably busy with school. Hope all is well!
Old 1st February 2009
Gear maniac

The flaming lips book.... I have a friend who LOVES them... I would love to be able to give it to him
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
just to spread the love a little. i have a license for "audio damage - ricochet" to give away to the first person that messages me here telling me something positive thats happened to them today
I have another positive story today... I have been using the ricochet on some music and it's really freakin cool! Nice, odd, chorus, slapback, verby, delay type thing. Very useful and thanks again rhythmtech!
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb View Post
I have another positive story today... I have been using the ricochet on some music and it's really freakin cool! Nice, odd, chorus, slapback, verby, delay type thing. Very useful and thanks again rhythmtech!
very welcome, glad you're enjoying it. im off to play with my nebula plug-in that angryman just sent me
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawBeanZen View Post
I'm so glad it found a happy home with you, Nick.

And from the little I've heard, you're doing mighty fine work with it...

i'm flattered

hopefully you'll hear a lot more in future! it certainly does have a very good home, i can assure you :D
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchas View Post
If anyone knows of gifts missed or giftees not shown on the list, feel free to let me know and i'll update.
A couple off the top of my head...

Jmp72 has offered re-amping and drum editing services in addition to the C1 he gave, and Paul Frindle gifted a second instance of his amazing DSM plug, which went to Terminal3.

Olivia_nb gifted the SKB rack case to tabhasq.

I believe it was Pan60, not JoaT who scored the patchbay system from e-cue.

(I'll shoot you a PM if more come to mind.)

thumbsup
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinAiken View Post
I can only play well with Jazz III's, so I'll leave the picks to someone else... but check out my cool guitar:
OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!! I likey.
Old 1st February 2009
Gear nut

football???

go steelers!!!!!!!!!
Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for beer

DAng... does this mean I know half of the teams playing in the Superbowl now? I was so happy in my ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloticks View Post
go steelers!!!!!!!!!
Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetMC View Post
DAng... does this mean I know half of the teams playing in the Superbowl now? I was so happy in my ignorance.
ha! if it wasn't for facebook profile updates I would have forgotten all about the superbowl... but I didn't know who was playing either until just now. It's fun to be ignoratn of this stuff sometimes!
instead we're going to a dope hiphop orchestra show tonight!
Old 2nd February 2009
500 series nutjob

Quote:

I believe it was Pan60, not JoaT who scored the patchbay system from e-cue.

thumbsup

again than you e-cue, and a very big thank you as well to Peter Montessi for picking them up for me!

Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

I scored a pair of Adats from RKelly, and MPD16 from Midnightsun. And I also have gifted desktop backgrounds for everyone who wanted, christmascards for everyone here, logo design for two people (undelivered due busyness) and a website for Bowie (in the works). Still unrecieved are Aphex Dominator II, Bluetube and Rack Vocalist.

I feel awkward to list these, but felt oblidged since we are now openly keeping track of these things.

Are you sure this is good for the spirit of this thread?

And lastly, separated from the abowe:

Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

More stuff for the list

I got pm from voiceactor asking me to give an update on the things I've 'gifted'(when did this become a word?). My initial gift was a Boss bass limiter, then locally I gifted a Squire Jazz bass to a young wannabe player, a Dunlop crybaby to a guitar player, and a Boss Bass Chorus. I guess there's been some pretty serious 'gifting' going on. That is way cool. I was lucky enough to get the John Stewart book America off of here. It's pretty funny.
I haven't seen the list yet but it must be pretty impressive.--edit--Holy Cow! some sweet stuff on that list!!
Cheers, and Peace.
Oh and I drank the Oolong tea

Last edited by mingustoo; 2nd February 2009 at 03:17 AM.. Reason: update
Old 2nd February 2009
Gear addict

any freebies left ?
Old 2nd February 2009
Gear nut

I need a good mic to record a triamp and 4X12 with or any of the Midisport 2x2 left? I need a USB-Midi interface. Or a good book. I need to eventually swap my Hosa cables to Mogami but got no cash for anything right now.

I'm looking to see if I got something to give as well.
Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

So I got the Batman DVD from mdmitch2!! Thanks a bunch I'm really excited to see it over and over again . . . cause I"m a dork like that

And I never got any responses for my stuff up for grabs so I still have a Zoom guitar pedal and some Apple RAM up for grabs. Woo!

Cheers!
-Mike
Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaT View Post
I scored a pair of Adats from RKelly, and MPD16 from Midnightsun. And I also have gifted desktop backgrounds for everyone who wanted, christmascards for everyone here, logo design for two people (undelivered due busyness) and a website for Bowie (in the works). Still unrecieved are Aphex Dominator II, Bluetube and Rack Vocalist.

I feel awkward to list these, but felt oblidged since we are now openly keeping track of these things.

Are you sure this is good for the spirit of this thread?

And lastly, separated from the abowe:

I think it's cool. We should definitely keep track ofthings. When I see someone gifting, I am more inclined to give to them. We could run into a problem if people are only claiming to gift. Plus it helps, in case things are lost in the mail, etc.

BTW, that's an unprecedented number of emoticons there my friend!!! How'd you do that?!
Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWIE View Post
I think it's cool. We should definitely keep track of things. When I see someone gifting, I am more inclined to give to them. We could run into a problem if people are only claiming to gift. Plus it helps, in case things are lost in the mail, etc.
Yes.

Keeping track is a good thing.

Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes.

Keeping track is a good thing.

Settled!
Old 2nd February 2009

I can't believe this thread has reached 166 pages.
Old 2nd February 2009
kit
Gear addict

Just to keep track of things, I recieved a patchbay, but not the kick mic, or the bass pickups. My feelings aren't hurt, I'm just putting it down for tracking.

Anyways, good morning and a bump.

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search