XHipHop
19th April 2005
Old 19th April 2005
Lives for gear

TC 6000 Non Lin2 Reverb for Powercore

Anyone tried this bad boy yet?

http://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=5940

What's it sound like?

Being able to have the VSS3 (tcm3000-ish verb) and this inside the box available for mixing sounds amazing. I hope they keep coming out with more programs from the 6000.
19th April 2005
Old 19th April 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
I didn't think it was released yet, so can't say till the demo comes out, I can say that the VSS3 is absolutly Killer, the best reverb in a Daw bar non, And by a long way, It's a very pro, high end reverb, I love and use it on all my Vocals, it's just the same as the hardware, I love it , as you can tell.
What PoCo are you using the VSS3 with? I have a pair of Elements and want to add both the VSS3 and NonLin2 but I fear I may not have enough PoCo horsepower. It would be cool if TC offerred a Reverb Bundle when the new PCI card hits the street...

guru007
20th April 2005
Old 20th April 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks for the tips thumbsup
How many instances have you been able to run at once before maxing out two Elements? I guess I should also ask what platform and DAW you're running so I'm on the same page as you...

guru007
21st April 2005
Old 21st April 2005
Lives for gear

Many thanks!
I've had the System 6000 on my wishlist for a while and now that I'm actually within striking distance of one, I find it hard to justify the expense with the combined ease and sonics of new PoCo offerings like MD3 (been great so far), verbs like VSS3 and NonLin2 (although, I've yet to actually hear it aside), and hopefully the new Sony Oxford Reverb, not to mention the Oxford EQ and Compressor!
Add to that a lot of the TC impulses floating around...I think the money may be better spent on a dualcore Opteron.

guru007
21st April 2005
Old 21st April 2005
Gear interested

The following is a response I received directly from TC support :

I don't know for sure about NonLin2 as it's not out yet (will be released some time in May) but with VSS3 you get 4 instances on an Element or the older PCI card and 8 instances on a FireWire. The Compact unit will also run 4 instances. This is at 44.1kHz. The new PowerCore MkII card should have the same processing ability as PowerCore FireWire (... it's essentially the same processing hardware).

Following this information my personal guess is that NonLin2 will give a similar picture.

Hope this helps,

MrBlue.
21st April 2005
Old 21st April 2005
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru007
Many thanks!
I've had the System 6000 on my wishlist for a while and now that I'm actually within striking distance of one, I find it hard to justify the expense with the combined ease and sonics of new PoCo offerings like MD3 (been great so far), verbs like VSS3 and NonLin2 (although, I've yet to actually hear it aside), and hopefully the new Sony Oxford Reverb, not to mention the Oxford EQ and Compressor!
Add to that a lot of the TC impulses floating around...I think the money may be better spent on a dualcore Opteron.

guru007
Remember these are not the top of the line 6000 algorithms. They are actually M3000 algorithms (vss3) that happen to be present on the 6000. Its a little marketing slight of hand.
21st April 2005
Old 21st April 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckevperry
Remember these are not the top of the line 6000 algorithms. They are actually M3000 algorithms (vss3) that happen to be present on the 6000. Its a little marketing slight of hand.
That's true. TC is definitely trying to stretch their flagship algorithms across multiple plugin products. Makes sense. Too bad they have to stretch the truth about where the algorithms came from...

I would love to A/B some of the System 6000 impulses to the real thing. Opinions are mixed whether they are close...some say yes, and have sold off their boxes, others say no, it ain't quite there yet. For my own sake, I've been pleased with how the impulses sound paired up with other reverbs. Can't wait to mix it up with the VSS3 and NonLin2 to see how things sound then.

guru007
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search