how to connect a fx processor to a mixer
New Reply
Subscribe
Juan Carlos
11th August 2008
Old 11th August 2008
Gear Head

how to connect a fx processor to a mixer

Hi, I have a boss GX-700 guitar effect proccesor and a Behringer 1204 FX mixer.The problem is that I can't get the suitable effects because I think that there is a problem with the conncections, output levels or problems with the controls of the mixer.Could someone tell me how to achieve the right connections and deal with the mixer knobs in order to get the effects??

I upload a image of both the rear panel of the processor and the mixer.

Scorpionscar.
Attached Thumbnails
how to connect a fx processor to a mixer-conexiones.jpg  
11th August 2008
Old 11th August 2008
Gear nut

mixer's aux send 1 -> effect's input

set effect full wet

effect's L out -> mixer's stereo aux return 1 L
effect's R out -> mixer's stereo aux return 1 R

set stereo aux return gain at unity (0)
add effect with aux send pot on each channel
Juan Carlos
12th August 2008
Old 12th August 2008
Gear Head

the problems go on

The connections are right, are the way you have said, but it all sounds horrible and with feedback.I haven't understood how to set the aux return gain of the unit (0)

Juan Carlos
12th August 2008
Old 12th August 2008
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Carlos View Post
I haven't understood how to set the aux return gain of the unit (0)
I was referring to the mixer's aux return, not the Roland unit. Unity - is the 12 o'clock position.

Bypass all "front end" processing - preamp, compressor, drive, amp/cab/mic simulators,eq ... etc, and use only effects like reverb, chorus, delay, harmonizer, etc.

If possible, switch the operation mode of the unit from Amp to PA.

Start with very simple path, bypass all except one effect.

Check the internal effect level (should also be "in the middle"), stereo/mono mod and main output level.

Then ... check the manual.
Juan Carlos
19th September 2008
Old 19th September 2008
Gear Head

problem with the mixer

Hi, I have a Beheringer Xenix 1204fx mixer.I've recorded some backing tracks and the idea is to play along the recordings mixing the backing tracks with my guitar via the mixer.Now the problem is as follows:

I connect the guitar source to a channel in the mixer, but the sound of the CD player is routed directly to the main mix faders, I mean that I'd like to route the sound of the CD player source to a independiente channel in the mixer in order to be able to turn the volume up or down individually to achieve the correct balance between the CD source and the guitar.If the CD source sounds through the main mix channel, if I turn the volume of the backing track up, the volume of the guitar turns up the same way, and its too difficult to mix both sounds together correctly.Can someone help me??
20th September 2008
Old 20th September 2008
Gear nut

Juan Carlos
21st September 2008
Old 21st September 2008
Gear Head

thank you very much, I hadn't found out that idea.
30th January 2012
Old 30th January 2012
Gear interested

Send a message via Yahoo to purecountry70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Carlos View Post
Hi, I have a Beheringer Xenix 1204fx mixer.I've recorded some backing tracks and the idea is to play along the recordings mixing the backing tracks with my guitar via the mixer.Now the problem is as follows:

I connect the guitar source to a channel in the mixer, but the sound of the CD player is routed directly to the main mix faders, I mean that I'd like to route the sound of the CD player source to a independiente channel in the mixer in order to be able to turn the volume up or down individually to achieve the correct balance between the CD source and the guitar.If the CD source sounds through the main mix channel, if I turn the volume of the backing track up, the volume of the guitar turns up the same way, and its too difficult to mix both sounds together correctly.Can someone help me??
I use to own the unit you have, to connect the cd player, ontop there are RCA inputs, thats were you connect your cd player, and it plays through the main mix. , also look in your manual, Begringer has a great tech support they'll be glad to help you with your problem, if you don't have a manual, go to Behringer.com. you'll find the number there, you may also find the help you need at that site
30th January 2012
Old 30th January 2012
Lives for gear

Besides copying Mackie mixers, Behringer also copied their hookup guide. Please read your manual and if you don't have a copy download it from the behringer website. It clearly shows how to hook up an FX unit to the mixer.

Your problem is you are feeding back the effects returns somehow into the effects sends, which the manual will show you how not to do.
mBox Pro 3, Pro Tools 11.1.2, OSX 10.9.2
Radial JDI x 2, ProD2, ProRMP
'59? Bogen Challenger CHA-33, '65 Fender Tremolux, Bandmaster & Showman; '74 Princeton, '77 Princeton Reverb, Dr. Z. Mini Z, pedals, George L's cabling
'65 Farfisa Compact Duo
www.facebook.com/thetoysband
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search