Converter suggestions?
New Reply
Subscribe
Hiwatt
28th February 2005
Old 28th February 2005
Gear addict

Converter suggestions?

I am currently using 2 Motu HD192 interfaces with my daw. They are allright but I'm starting to look for something better. Is there anything worth looking at between the $2000-$3500 mark for 16 channels of ad other than the apogee's?
tee
28th February 2005
Old 28th February 2005
tee
Gear nut

Lynx Audio will be releasing the Aurora series pretty soon - 2 versions, 8 & 16 channels of both A/D & D/A (in 1 rack space) with an SRP of $2195 and 3295 respectively. I won't be buying converters until I check them out.

There's also Mytek Digital to check out although 16 channels of just A/D will be about $5000.

What sample rates do plan on recording at?
28th February 2005
Old 28th February 2005
Lives for gear

My Studio

Quote:
Originally posted by tee
Lynx Audio will be releasing the Aurora series pretty soon ...
It was announced for January, now it seems to be delayed till April.(Do you call this latency in release time?) I really hate these empty promises from manufacters....I thought about getting the Aurora 8 for an upcoming project, now that it can't work I probably go for something 'real' like a UA 2192 eventually.....

Andi

www.doorknocker.ch
Hiwatt
28th February 2005
Old 28th February 2005
Gear addict

Funny you should mention the UA2192... I have one on order. I am hoping that clocking the motu's to it and using it for my main monitoring dac is gonna bump things up a notch. If not I'm gonna start from scratch on a new system... probaly an Apogee AD16x and a DAC-1 with a Lynx AES16 card... we'll see what happens.
1st March 2005
Old 1st March 2005
Gear Head

Some people are recommending that people buy these over on the Nuendo forum. How? They're not even out yet. Are they out there somewhere or is there at least a review on what they sound like that I'm just not informed on and that's how people are able to recommend them? If not then what's the deal? I'm puzzled.
1st March 2005
Old 1st March 2005
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiwatt
probaly an Apogee AD16x and a DAC-1 with a Lynx AES16 card... we'll see what happens.
Even more funny cause I'm debating that exact setup right now. The Aurora was announced way back end of October. It was supposed to be available end of January, then February came around now end of March looks more definite. I'm just getting tired of waiting and the release date pushed back.

Coreman,

Alot of people are interested in the Aurora because of such the positive response the Lynx2 received. People were saying it sounded as good as Apogee's stuff , but I don't remember what Apogee they were referring too.

Either way, this is what I'm most interested in (and others I think)as to how it sounds to an Apogee AD16X. If is sounds just as good, plus you get the D/A to boot with the Aurora then it's priced very aggressive against Apogee.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search