New Reply
Subscribe
24th March 2010
Old 24th March 2010
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISCERN View Post
I've seen it.

I've also spent quite a bit of time looking at their website. It's all just regurgitated DIY designs. If the group diy forum didn't exist, would this company exist? Ultimately, my conclusion is no. It wouldn't.

When it boils down to the actual designs of these pieces of gear, IGS is a company that is selling absolutely nothing that is original. Just copied.
and your point is...???
welcome to the 21st century. Anybody in the Neve clone business would be using this as a marketing statement.
Now could it be because it comes from Poland? a country that noone knows much about? are they trustable?
Come on guys, give it a brake.

Oli
igs
24th March 2010
Old 24th March 2010
igs
Gear Head

Hey Guys
First of all, every IGS Audio device is free of any legal complications (PCB design, schematic etc.). Of course if you build a mix bus compressor (for instance) it is based on certain principles that will be similar in other mix bus compressors. After all 1+1=2. But that doesn't mean that the particular product is a copy of anything.
Secondly, I'm aware of the ProdigyPro DIY forum but I'm neither an active user nor do I use any of their applications in my products.
Third of all, IGS Audio has many other devices (like TUBECORE, DTL, GLOBUS) that aren't even remotely based on previous ideas.
Finally, let's not forget that our main strength is in the quality of the components and quality management in our company with a strict no compromise policy.
I have an engineering degree in electronics, so trust me that I know what I'm doing to ensure you get the best out of modern technology using some ideas from the past that are just simply good. If it's not broken don't fix it.
I wish you all the best,
Igor.
www.igsaudio.com
24th March 2010
Old 24th March 2010
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la grange View Post
and your point is...???
welcome to the 21st century. Anybody in the Neve clone business would be using this as a marketing statement.

I guess we will throw Behringer into that category as well? There is a ridiculous length of hypocrisy floating about. "As long as I can get an SSL for cheaper than SSL, that's great! Behringer cloning mackie products... that's criminal!"

I particularly like about IGS's points about "their originality". Things that have never been done before... original designs and schematics! Yet the words "SSL", "LA2A", "1176", etc is thrown all over their website.

To use these words, it must be a copy of something. 1+1=2 after all. I am particularly impressed by the inclusion of a sidechain filter in our ssl clone... and the cheap VU meter. It's utter coincidence that these were designed for the GSSL. Even the enclosure is exactly the same as GSSL enclosures.

Quote:
Now could it be because it comes from Poland? a country that noone knows much about? are they trustable?
Come on guys, give it a brake.

Oli
Definitely.

I hate Polish people.

Give me a break. I spent 13 weeks traveling Poland last year and Krakow is probably one of my most favourite cities on the planet. If you haven't been, Go! Try and stay in Kazimierz.
24th March 2010
Old 24th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by igs View Post
Hey Guys
First of all, every IGS Audio device is free of any legal complications (PCB design, schematic etc.). Of course if you build a mix bus compressor (for instance) it is based on certain principles that will be similar in other mix bus compressors. After all 1+1=2. But that doesn't mean that the particular product is a copy of anything.
Secondly, I'm aware of the ProdigyPro DIY forum but I'm neither an active user nor do I use any of their applications in my products.
Third of all, IGS Audio has many other devices (like TUBECORE, DTL, GLOBUS) that aren't even remotely based on previous ideas.
Finally, let's not forget that our main strength is in the quality of the components and quality management in our company with a strict no compromise policy.
I have an engineering degree in electronics, so trust me that I know what I'm doing to ensure you get the best out of modern technology using some ideas from the past that are just simply good. If it's not broken don't fix it.
I wish you all the best,
Igor.
www.igsaudio.com

Nice marketing spill... but you've definitely been hanging out at groupDIY for quite sometime. You don't make anything that doesn't exist as a project at groupdiy. You haven't engineered anything for yourself. Nothing is original... perhaps two existing designs appropriated into one but it's all someone elses. Even the people who have bought your gear know that it's not your design... you are just in the business of making someone elses stuff cheaper than they can.
24th March 2010
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

i hope this guy gives it break.....

were all glad you can discern the difference between clones and originals...

now please, shut up.

at least he's spending his time making more affordable products in poland, which i'm sure costs a shit-ton just to get pro gear there...

this seems like a fantastic business that makes gear available for cheap to those in poland who cannot DIY.
25th March 2010
Old 25th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapehiss View Post
i hope this guy gives it break.....

were all glad you can discern the difference between clones and originals...

now please, shut up.

at least he's spending his time making more affordable products in poland, which i'm sure costs a shit-ton just to get pro gear there...

this seems like a fantastic business that makes gear available for cheap to those in poland who cannot DIY.

Who cannot "DIY". That's probably my biggest gripe. The designs which these are based on are DIY. Not just the circuits but all the information required to build it yourself. The only people who can't DIY are those that are too lazy to educate themselves. I strongly believe that if you are an audio engineer, you should know the basic operation of electrical circuits. It's really not rocket science and it pays for itself when something fails and you can fix it.

Lets not pretend that he is offering some civil service. He isn't. He is apparently an "electrical engineer", yet he can't design a circuit for himself. He is in it for money and money alone. If the people of Poland are so strapped for cash why wouldn't they build it themselves for a 1/6th of the cost that this clown charges?
25th March 2010
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

This is just unprofessional and disrespectful. Frankly, I don't care if a piece of gear comes from the moon. If it's good, works for me, and is a great value, that is important which is the bottom line.

Quote:
I guess we will throw Behringer into that category as well? There is a ridiculous length of hypocrisy floating about. "As long as I can get an SSL for cheaper than SSL, that's great! Behringer cloning mackie products... that's criminal!"

I particularly like about IGS's points about "their originality". Things that have never been done before... original designs and schematics! Yet the words "SSL", "LA2A", "1176", etc is thrown all over their website.

To use these words, it must be a copy of something. 1+1=2 after all. I am particularly impressed by the inclusion of a sidechain filter in our ssl clone... and the cheap VU meter. It's utter coincidence that these were designed for the GSSL. Even the enclosure is exactly the same as GSSL enclosures.

Definitely.

I hate Polish people.

Give me a break. I spent 13 weeks traveling Poland last year and Krakow is probably one of my most favourite cities on the planet. If you haven't been, Go! Try and stay in Kazimierz.
Attached Thumbnails
IGS AUDIO, any users comments?-img_1821.jpg  
25th March 2010
Old 25th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajprods View Post
This is just unprofessional and disrespectful. Frankly, I don't care if a piece of gear comes from the moon. If it's good, works for me, and is a great value, that is important which is the bottom line.

Try dedicating a large portion of your time offering informative and educational projects to people for nothing... only to have people like IGS come along and take them for their own financial gain. Don't even dare accuse me of "disrespect".

You want to save a buck, just as much as IGS want's to earn a buck... and it's all based on the hard work of other people.
25th March 2010
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

The points you are making were already discussed in another thread. After pics were posted showing the inside of the unit and design, this is what Jakob from Gyraf had to say and I quote:

Nice work!

Is that a relay bypass I see at the back of the PCB?

Jakob E.

Quote:
Try dedicating a large portion of your time offering informative and educational projects to people for nothing... only to have people like IGS come along and take them for their own financial gain. Don't even dare accuse me of "disrespect".

You want to save a buck, just as much as IGS want's to earn a buck... and it's all based on the hard work of other people.
25th March 2010
Old 25th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajprods View Post
The points you are making were already discussed in another thread. After pics were posted showing the inside of the unit and design, this is what Jakob from Gyraf had to say and I quote:

Nice work!

Is that a relay bypass I see at the back of the PCB?

Jakob E.

You mean the same Gyraf that posted in this thread? I find his reply particularly entertaining and somewhat tongue in cheek. The relays were a DIY mod created by one of the groupdiy members. Not just for the GSSL but for every project...

IGS has done nothing but the equivalent of dubbing a song off the radio onto a cassette... then claiming it as his own. I don't doubt you are going to defend your purchase to the death, I just hope you didn't pay through the teeth for it... particularly when GSSL's are routinely sold for the cost of their parts on groupdiy.
28th March 2010
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Try dedicating a large portion of your time offering informative and educational projects to people for nothing... only to have people like IGS come along and take them for their own financial gain.
Well, now we know what propelled the insect up his aperture.

If it's legal, sounds and works well and is offered at a reasonable price, I don't give a flying what DISCERN does with his time. The vitriol expended in this thread is completely indefensible.

Behringer has made a worldwide business pirating copyrighted designs from others and turning out shoddily built, evil-sounding garbage. By contrast, IGS is running a small workshop business based on entirely legal designs and appears to offer considerably more than a 90-day warranty. No comparison.

Furthermore, the idea that any audio engineer is a DIY is laughable. Some are too busy recording to build their own, others are not busy enough and have unrelated jobs like selling to keep their rooms afloat.

The arrogance of DISCERN would be nauseating if it were not so easily dismissed.

Cordially,
3rd&4thT
"Check Our Website."
"Ask Your Doctor."
"Now on DVD."
"Member FDIC."
"Except in Nebraska."
---------------- Voiceover Tag Team
28th March 2010
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Who cannot "DIY". That's probably my biggest gripe. The designs which these are based on are DIY. Not just the circuits but all the information required to build it yourself. The only people who can't DIY are those that are too lazy to educate themselves. I strongly believe that if you are an audio engineer, you should know the basic operation of electrical circuits. It's really not rocket science and it pays for itself when something fails and you can fix it.

Lets not pretend that he is offering some civil service. He isn't. He is apparently an "electrical engineer", yet he can't design a circuit for himself. He is in it for money and money alone. If the people of Poland are so strapped for cash why wouldn't they build it themselves for a 1/6th of the cost that this clown charges?
it's very rude what you're saying mate...
even if you have other opinion, it's not a civil way to express it in a such manner and calling people clowns

I own an IGS ssl compressor, I am very happy owner and it was a pleasure to deal with IGS and Igor, fully recommended professional company

28th March 2010
Old 28th March 2010
Gear addict

Nice products, good quality and good price.
If you don't like that, don't buy them.
Everyone uses other people ideas
13th April 2010
Old 13th April 2010
Gear nut

I think IGS is the bomb, i used their 2176, NE72 and double triode and all of them are great. Discern, i guess you dont have any MC77, or BAE neve clones or any of the 1000 clones that are being made from some companies of all this 60´s and 70´s classics. It is so st***d that i really don´t know why i spend my time on this.

All their products are great, buy their LA2A clone and open it, if you know anything about electronics you will be quite impressed.
29th April 2010
Old 29th April 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sput View Post
HI,
I just found out about these clones made in Poland. Any users around?
... if there is anyone from the Czech republic or Slovakia interested in the IGS stuff please feel free to contact me (drop an email). I have IGS TubeCore ME VariMu and DT-2 preamp that I can give for tes on a loan occasionally.

Pokud by si někdo z Česka či Slovenska chtěl vyzkoušet IGS TubeCore (VariMu), nebo IGS DT-2 (mikrofonní předzesilovač) klidně mi napište PM. Ještě něco o IGS v češtině: http://www.audiopro.cz/s4s/pdf/igs-novinka-ms.pdf
jac
17th May 2010
Old 17th May 2010
jac
Gear maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to jac
Happy owner of a 2176. Sounds great! It does the job at the best...
I also tried the S-Type and I can say only good things about it!
17th May 2010
Old 17th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen View Post
If using other peoples ideas is the crime, what does that say about the DIY'ers?
What do you think of work like this?
Crossen Streams - Pultec EQP-1A equalizer clone
Just a little note: The circuit design of the Pultec EQP-1A is not patent restricted and is free for use. There are already 2 or 3 companies doing p-t-p variants of that classic design for commercial release which I applaude. The only thing that is trademarked, to my understanding, is the 'Pultec, pulse techniques'.
EVERYONE should have at least one Pultec. Unless there are kats out there making modern repros, that will never happen.
Also, comparing the technology of a vintage passive tube eq to any new consumer computer is a ridiculous stretch of a technological metaphor.
Computers are constant and evolving with highly owned technology patents.
Pultecs were and thats it.

As far as the G-SSL and such, anyone who has any respect for Gyraf (of which I have craploads) would read his disclaimer and appreciate not minting a business off of those particular designs.
It happens all the time though anyways, unfortunately.
BUT, if you follow the SSL link and look at the IGS guts, there is really no similarities.

That 'Gloobus' looks cool. I have a project like that on the table now.

"Run to the hills, run for your lives."
-Iron Maiden
21st June 2010
Old 21st June 2010
Gear nut

i got 1176 igsaudio and i can tell that that thing can pissed on any 1176 plug in and does what you will expect fom 1176ln. and when we start to talk about the price... no comment!

i never buy unit becouse of price.

i got also auroraaudio gtq2 (really hi-end outboard) and with a reason!

i like good stuff and if it's cheap.... you all just can say, thanx igsaudio.
8th October 2011
Old 8th October 2011
Gear interested

I recently bought the Mastering Edition Tubecore Vari-Mu from Igor for my mastering studio.

Since I have a music news site / blog on the net I decided to take an S-type compressor along in the same order to do a review of it.

Really impressed with both the Tubecore and the S-type bus compressor. Awesome quality-price ratio and Igor is a very helpful and friendly chap to do business with as well!

Warmly recommended!

For those thinking about getting an IGS S-type, check out the review at www.GTlounge.net
12th December 2011
Old 12th December 2011
Gear interested

You guys ...

I'm not in any way linked to this company, but I'm from Poland and have heard several of these units. Mainly because there all over our recording studios now. Not because they are cheaper than vintage units, nor because people that own those studios have cheap gear and have never heard a proper vintage 1176 or LA2A. It's because these designs are based on what's good (they are clones no?) and if anything, they aren't "way off" off a vintage unit than one vintage unit is from another. You will have vintage units sound and work spectacular, but how often does that happen?

To put it in simple words... if you want to own a great vintage unit, have a listen to 10 of them and pick the best one (like you have a chance to do that in your lifetime). If you want a unit with specific characteristics such as LA2A for example, then you can buy any "true to the bone" clone and you will most likely be satisfied.
THESE ARE JUST DESIGNS. Nothing less! But they can be something more, as vintage units were. They were hand built, that's why almost every single one had different soul (and sound) to them. You could maybe notice difference doing A/B comparison, and I can only congratulate you if you can tell one unit from another hearing them in different environment, few days apart. So most likely every "hand built clone" will have a soul of his own. Maybe a younger one, but that's life.

Need i say anything about people selling clones of other units ... i mean isn't anyone happy that Fairchild 670 is now available as new and stable units under Anthony DeMaria Labs??? And only $20,000 per unit! So how about a good price for a clone these days huh???

And yes, I like vintage gear. Specially units that sound good, don't have their "moods" too often, and just project proper mojo all over the place.

Now ... I hope I have a firm grasp of the obvious here.
14th January 2012
Old 14th January 2012
Gear interested

The best P/Q ever!

Hi there
I first bought their 2176, I found it so nice, then I bought IGS One LA, lovely ( I have worked with summit tla 100, IGS is as lovely as Summit, if must honest, for me better becouse it is not noisy as summit! Lovely on voice! Stop with plugins and test this compressor on your vocal! then you will understand why! Dont get me wrong, I have also waves plugins etc... for a powerfull voice use these kinds analog stuf, you wont regret.
Then one of my friend bougt IGS varimu mastering. So sweet musical, you dont even hear it is working (I mean very smooth :-)) I was so jaleus, I bought it too for me :-)

I want to buy also preamp of it, first I will try it ofcourse :-)

my point? they are not so expensieve for me (I am from Holland/Belgium), mutch better then any other plugins we have used so for me more then nice. Of course this is my taste and opinion. You must try it for your self

take care and lovely 2012 :-)

kadir

(my english is not so good, I hoop you can read and understand my point of view :-)
21st January 2012
Old 21st January 2012
Gear nut

Hi Kadir, I'm also from Holland. Was thinking about buying the DTL double trioder limiter. Looks a bit like a 610 and LA2A in one box. Want to use it as a pre-amp mainly. Did you, or anybody else, check it yet? Please opinions!
23rd January 2012
Old 23rd January 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanz View Post
Hi Kadir, I'm also from Holland. Was thinking about buying the DTL double trioder limiter. Looks a bit like a 610 and LA2A in one box. Want to use it as a pre-amp mainly. Did you, or anybody else, check it yet? Please opinions!
Greetings Johanz, I'm from Poland and do own in my studio NE72 and DTL. These are awesome pieces of gear (for me). I use mainly my DTL for OH (I do not use the built in limiter very often) and sometimes on vocals. I had contacted Igor few times - and he was always helpful. If you decide to buy it, you will not be dissapointed.
If you want to know something more about this piece of gear - don't hesitate to ask.

regards,

Mateusz Mazur,
Sound Brilliance Studio
10th February 2012
Old 10th February 2012
Lives for gear

Loving their summing amp

10th February 2012
Old 10th February 2012
Lives for gear

Has anyone got any experience with is?
20th February 2012
Old 20th February 2012
Gear interested

My little IGS rack - just received Volfram and Cool Miner. - will be testing on nearest sessions.
Just made rough tests, and they work great.

best regards,

Mateusz Mazur
Attached Thumbnails
IGS AUDIO, any users comments?-402751_324183030961584_217434491636439_866780_650946014_n.jpg  
20th February 2012
Old 20th February 2012
Lives for gear

Looks great man!
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqby View Post
Greetings Johanz, I'm from Poland and do own in my studio NE72 and DTL. These are awesome pieces of gear (for me). I use mainly my DTL for OH (I do not use the built in limiter very often) and sometimes on vocals. I had contacted Igor few times - and he was always helpful. If you decide to buy it, you will not be dissapointed.
If you want to know something more about this piece of gear - don't hesitate to ask.

regards,

Mateusz Mazur,
Sound Brilliance Studio
Thanks for your information. I'm curious what the limiter does and if it is comparable with, let's say, an LA2A?
12th March 2012
Old 12th March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalScibior View Post
You guys ...

I'm not in any way linked to this company, but I'm from Poland and have heard several of these units. Mainly because there all over our recording studios now. Not because they are cheaper than vintage units, nor because people that own those studios have cheap gear and have never heard a proper vintage 1176 or LA2A. It's because these designs are based on what's good (they are clones no?) and if anything, they aren't "way off" off a vintage unit than one vintage unit is from another. You will have vintage units sound and work spectacular, but how often does that happen?

To put it in simple words... if you want to own a great vintage unit, have a listen to 10 of them and pick the best one (like you have a chance to do that in your lifetime). If you want a unit with specific characteristics such as LA2A for example, then you can buy any "true to the bone" clone and you will most likely be satisfied.
THESE ARE JUST DESIGNS. Nothing less! But they can be something more, as vintage units were. They were hand built, that's why almost every single one had different soul (and sound) to them. You could maybe notice difference doing A/B comparison, and I can only congratulate you if you can tell one unit from another hearing them in different environment, few days apart. So most likely every "hand built clone" will have a soul of his own. Maybe a younger one, but that's life.

Need i say anything about people selling clones of other units ... i mean isn't anyone happy that Fairchild 670 is now available as new and stable units under Anthony DeMaria Labs??? And only $20,000 per unit! So how about a good price for a clone these days huh???

And yes, I like vintage gear. Specially units that sound good, don't have their "moods" too often, and just project proper mojo all over the place.

Now ... I hope I have a firm grasp of the obvious here.
+1 for IGS!!
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanz View Post
Thanks for your information. I'm curious what the limiter does and if it is comparable with, let's say, an LA2A?
The limiter may be comparable with la2a (can't be sure - because I do not own la2a) because of the opto type compression it does. It has generally slow attack and release times. I use it very subtly when recording vocals, to tame the dynamics of loudest parts.
Did not find application for its more drastic settings yet

best regards,
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search