Elastic Pouches, do they exist?
soupking
10th July 2008
Old 10th July 2008
Lives for gear

Elastic Pouches, do they exist?

Really, I'm serious. I've tried searching everywhere online for elastic pouches so I can cover my microphones and protect them from dust. I ended up buying some drawstring pouches and they were way less than effective.

Other than that...I'm boggled. I'm almost convinced that nobody makes elastic pouches on planet Earth.

One guy on GS recommended that I get a bunch of Crown Royal pouches, but honestly, I don't drink whiskey, nor could I afford that many.

Do elastic pouches exist or is there an inexpensive alternative I could find at one place?

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
-soup
10th July 2008
Old 10th July 2008
Gear maniac

'Allo Soupking,

Hope you are well. Crown is my drink! In fact, I would think I have in the neighborhood of 10ish or so extra purple velvet crown bags I have saved for the same use, but I do not need the extras really. If you are interested, I should double check that they did not get thrown away, but if they did not, I would be happy to mail them to you. Let me know if you are interested, and I can check how many extras I can find around this evening.

10th July 2008
Old 10th July 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupking View Post

Do elastic pouches exist or is there an inexpensive alternative I could find at one place?

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
-soup

how about shower caps? they are dirt cheap, readily available and there are so many different models, you might find some that do the job. "Bouffant Caps" are wider and deeper and have varying shapes.

As far as Crown Royal bags, why not buy some velour and some elastic and find someone with some sewing skills? A good seamstress would find bag-making trivial, you could even customize the bags for specific mics, and perhaps customize them with designs and colors that represent your studio.

oooh! you could even have little pockets sewn into the inside to hold dessicant packets!

then you could make extras and sell them to slutz everywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Elastic Pouches, do they exist?-pe_shower_cap.jpg  
10th July 2008
Old 10th July 2008
Lives for gear

Did you start a thread on this a couple months ago? This same question came up and there was a dozen or so posts with suggestions.

Find a girlfriend who can sew. If you want them sealed, get her to sew in a ziploc bag as a lining.

Or take your drawstring bags and replace the drawstring with elastic. Not hard.

You might get an issue with the Crown Royal bags. You purportedly can get the fibers collecting on the condenser diaphragms when you switch off +48v.
10th July 2008
Old 10th July 2008
Gear Head

IIRC, somewhere on the Crown website you can get custom made Crown bags with maybe your studio name or something. The fibers are something to take into consideration, though. Maybe you could sew/cram a Ziploc type plastic bag in there. But then, that would retain the moisture. I know you'll find a solution. Please let us know.
10th July 2008
Old 10th July 2008
Lives for gear

Do you mean elastic pouches where the opening has an elastic in it, or where the whole thing is spandex like my Thursday night body suit?
10th July 2008
Old 10th July 2008
Gear addict

what about those pouches for sunglasses? No? Maybe not elastic-y enough.

C
soupking
10th July 2008
Old 10th July 2008
Lives for gear

Yeah, that post was most likely me. I thought I read all of the responses. Maybe there were some that I missed.

I should've done a re-search, it's just that I'm so dang busy these days.

Quote:
Or take your drawstring bags and replace the drawstring with elastic. Not hard.
Super idea, I'll have to think about that.

The shower caps sound like a great idea. I'll try that and whatever else I can find.

Thanks everybody!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search