Anyone tried this limiter?
New Reply
Subscribe
plexi
7th December 2002
Old 7th December 2002
Gear nut

Anyone tried this limiter?

I just bought a D&R Stereo Limiter, never heard about it, but for $50, it`s worth a try.....I`ll have it in my hands in afew days

Anyone used one ?
8th December 2002
Old 8th December 2002
Lives for gear

uh . . . $50 is way too much!
You MAY use it one day on something.
*smile*

Somehow I have some D&R pieces from that era laying around. . . . Gates and eqs. They are not hooked up. I remember that box you bought. I had a D&R console from the mid 80s . . . I think I had one of the few in the US at the time and those limiters were knocking around. I believe it's 1/2 rack space . . . you will probably need some Euro to American adapter plugs for the electric cable ends (actually, you are in Norway . . what am I saying?) . It's not REALLY stereo if my memory serves me right. It has tip / ring / sleeve connector to get 2 channels in and out. Again . . I could be wrong about that particular box that you bought.

Hope it works out for you.
8th December 2002
Old 8th December 2002
Moderator emeritus

Assuming that it's the same circuitry as the dynamics cards in their consoles, I can only relay that when I bought my Cinemix, the rep suggested that I not waste the money...

Java Jive Studio
www.javajivestudio.com
Nashville, TN
plexi
8th December 2002
Old 8th December 2002
Gear nut

Thanks guys, it may come in handy some day, recording Bavarian Cheesewistle or something

Amund
8th December 2002
Old 8th December 2002
One with big hooves

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via AIM to Jay Kahrs Send a message via Skype™ to Jay Kahrs
I have this thing for really cheap, crappy compressors. I actually like my Alesis Microlimiter. I should drag that out and use it on my next project. I've gotten amazing cowbell and drum sounds with it.
mooseaudio.bandcamp.com
Quote:
All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...
plexi
8th December 2002
Old 8th December 2002
Gear nut

Yeah, I have a DBX 166 that sometimes is just the right thing on certain sources.
On some clean guitars it`s just lovely, the way it grabs the tone and slams the treble,it can sometimes help "smooth" out a edgy sound.......

Amund
8th December 2002
Old 8th December 2002
Gear addict

Yeah, be sure to fire it up no matter what! It might be just the thing to destroy something?! That's how people discovered what the: CBS Volumax, Sure Level-Lok & others could do.

Sammy....I had a D&R Daynor console in 1986. Did you ever see it? I can't remember.

Benjy
9th December 2002
Old 9th December 2002
Lives for gear

I knew you had it Benj . . . the rep told me. I remember telling him that I knew you. I had a 2000 series. 60 inputs. I go back and listen to some of the mixes I did on that thing (when I REALLY didn't know what I was doing) and I am amazed at how good some of them sound. That little desk sounded really good to me for the music I was doing at the time. I had the same 1/2 inch Tascam that I had on 44th street.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search