Login / Register
 
VST Harmonizer Plugin
New Reply
Subscribe
Beyersound
Thread Starter
#1
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Beyersound's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Vegas, Norcal
Posts: 3,728

Thread Starter
Beyersound is offline
VST Harmonizer Plugin

Does anybody out there know of a great Eventide H3000/949/910 type plugin for VST? There seem to be some for TDM/RTAS, but not VST. It is to be used mostly for basic pitch doubling. I have talked to the people at Audio Damage about theirs, but it doesn't do the more modern cleanish H3000 thing, only the vintage glitchier stuff. Thanks
__________________
Congratulations 2010, and now 2012 World Champion SF Giants!!!

"There is no crying in baseball, there are no rules in recording!!!"
www.myspace.com/beyeraudio

Michael Beyer
#2
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #2
Lives for gear
 
camerondye's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 1,607

camerondye is offline
Waves Doubler works for what you are talking about, that's the one I use.
cam
#3
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,075

Kiwiburger is offline
VST - for basic doubling with random & formants etc, have a look at Clone Ensemble

If you really want full on pitch correction and harmonies etc, I wouldn't trust this to a real-time plugin effect. Melodyne Studio is the way to go, and you get the plugin for free if you buy this. They just announced Direct Note Access a couple of days ago - this is mind blowing technology.
Beyersound
Thread Starter
#4
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Beyersound's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Vegas, Norcal
Posts: 3,728

Thread Starter
Beyersound is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiburger View Post
VST - for basic doubling with random & formants etc, have a look at Clone Ensemble

If you really want full on pitch correction and harmonies etc, I wouldn't trust this to a real-time plugin effect. Melodyne Studio is the way to go, and you get the plugin for free if you buy this. They just announced Direct Note Access a couple of days ago - this is mind blowing technology.
I hear you, Melodyne is great, but I just need a pitch doubler effect.
Beyersound
Thread Starter
#5
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Beyersound's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Vegas, Norcal
Posts: 3,728

Thread Starter
Beyersound is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye View Post
Waves Doubler works for what you are talking about, that's the one I use.
cam
I guess I should of said inexpensive. The Waves Doubler does a fine job, it's just more than I want to pay, especially after a good sized investment in UAD-1.
#6
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #6
Lives for gear
 
anguswoodhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: On the East Coast of Australia
Posts: 3,874
My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead is offline
If you use the SIR reverb you can then have access to Eventide Impulses - for that matter you could use them with any Impulse plug.
__________________

Mastering all styles and genres using an hybrid approach.
Special rates for unattended online mastering.
Add 24 Ch SSL analog summing for an extra $50 per song.
Prefer 10 stereo stems.

Sunshine Coast Mastering, Queensland, Australia
#7
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,075

Kiwiburger is offline
Convolution is static and boring.

Checkout the cloneensemble I mentioned - it's cheap but powerful.
#8
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #8
Lives for gear
 
macleodgrant's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 2,419

macleodgrant is offline
how about Vielklang
#9
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #9
Moderator
 
matt thomas's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: New Zealand/Switzerland/guitar case
Posts: 9,843

matt thomas is offline
#10
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: London
Posts: 2,103

redroom is offline
#11
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #11
Gear interested
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 10

Isotropical is offline
Akai Deca Buddy; Antares Harmony; Waves stuff. And all of them produce weak results if you ask me. They are not even in the same league as Eventide.

If you want to hear Eventide pitch shifting hard at work, listen to anything Jodeci or Dru Hill did. WOW. Try THAT with any of the VST plugins out. Good luck.

I am holding out hope for a top notch harmony plugin that can truly emulate an Eventide, and I have to think that one is in the works somewhere. Apparently Melodyne's new technology will be pretty awesome.. but I have a funny feeling harmony voices will sound thin and fake like everything else.. I'll be happy to be wrong about that though
#12
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #12
Lives for gear
 
macleodgrant's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 2,419

macleodgrant is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotropical View Post
Akai Deca Buddy; Antares Harmony; Waves stuff. And all of them produce weak results if you ask me. They are not even in the same league as Eventide.

If you want to hear Eventide pitch shifting hard at work, listen to anything Jodeci or Dru Hill did. WOW. Try THAT with any of the VST plugins out. Good luck.

I am holding out hope for a top notch harmony plugin that can truly emulate an Eventide, and I have to think that one is in the works somewhere. Apparently Melodyne's new technology will be pretty awesome.. but I have a funny feeling harmony voices will sound thin and fake like everything else.. I'll be happy to be wrong about that though
well then this is what we're waiting for
SoundToys PurePitch - Vocal Harmony, Doubling and Character Modification Plug-In for Pro Tools

these guys are brilliant, i love all their stuff so far and these plugins will be native sometime soon too
#13
15th March 2008
Old 15th March 2008
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,611

computa is offline
waves doubler will give u the eventide type micro pitch shift widening of vocals u r looking for quite easily & with quality for vst
Beyersound
Thread Starter
#14
16th March 2008
Old 16th March 2008
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Beyersound's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Vegas, Norcal
Posts: 3,728

Thread Starter
Beyersound is offline
#15
16th March 2008
Old 16th March 2008
  #15
Gear interested
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3

bloodinthewater is offline
the janet jackson thing

Will the waves doubler help you get that janet jackson kinda vibe how her backing vocals almost sounded robotic
#16
16th March 2008
Old 16th March 2008
  #16
Gear interested
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3

bloodinthewater is offline
doubler

And I actually use the doubler but it doesn't give me that big feeling I like
#17
16th March 2008
Old 16th March 2008
  #17
Lives for gear
 
macleodgrant's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 2,419

macleodgrant is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyersound View Post
Thanks, but I need a VST not TDM or RTAS plugin. The SoundToys product is great, I just can't use it with Nuendo or Cubase!
i know buddy. the good news is that these guys will be releasing VST version of these plugs in the near future - they have indicated this but it may be a while. quality plugs are slowly but surely becoming available to us
Beyersound
Thread Starter
#18
16th March 2008
Old 16th March 2008
  #18
Lives for gear
 
Beyersound's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Vegas, Norcal
Posts: 3,728

Thread Starter
Beyersound is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleodgrant View Post
i know buddy. the good news is that these guys will be releasing VST version of these plugs in the near future - they have indicated this but it may be a while. quality plugs are slowly but surely becoming available to us
It's all just a Digidesign plot!!!!! Just kidding. Thanks, I hope they release the VST versions soon. I have heard great things about SoundToys.
Beyersound
Thread Starter
#19
16th March 2008
Old 16th March 2008
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Beyersound's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Vegas, Norcal
Posts: 3,728

Thread Starter
Beyersound is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodinthewater View Post
And I actually use the doubler but it doesn't give me that big feeling I like
I have used it, it's pretty good at the H3000 thing, but I agree it is not as big. I am also not thrilled with the cost of the Waves stuff. Cheers
#20
16th March 2008
Old 16th March 2008
  #20
Lives for gear
 
deve's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: istanbul TR
Posts: 768

deve is offline
Waves has a harmony engine.
#21
16th March 2008
Old 16th March 2008
  #21
Lives for gear
 
macleodgrant's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 2,419

macleodgrant is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyersound View Post
I have used it, it's pretty good at the H3000 thing, but I agree it is not as big. I am also not thrilled with the cost of the Waves stuff. Cheers
i bought the waves musicians bundle 2 for $150 - i thought that was very cheap for the plugs i got - that along the the W1 Wong limiter you really have a great toolkit

the musicians bundle includes waves doubler!
#22
16th March 2008
Old 16th March 2008
  #22
Lives for gear
 
camerondye's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 1,607

camerondye is offline
I'm anti-wup also, but I bought the Musicians II bundle because it is an amazing deal. The renvox is pretty dang good...
cam
Beyersound
Thread Starter
#23
17th March 2008
Old 17th March 2008
  #23
Lives for gear
 
Beyersound's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Vegas, Norcal
Posts: 3,728

Thread Starter
Beyersound is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye View Post
I'm anti-wup also, but I bought the Musicians II bundle because it is an amazing deal. The renvox is pretty dang good...
cam
Hey Cam, I agree with you, the Renvox is the one Waves comp I like. The De-esser is good too. Between UAD-1 and Hydratone-Angeltone, I have the comp and EQ thing really handled.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
ptbarnum / Product Alerts older than 2 months
1
junior / Music Computers
26
bendecido / So much gear, so little time!
5
tjkili / Music Computers
6
HeatWAVS / So much gear, so little time!
7

Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.