Mercenary Audio fun and mayhem AES NYC 2007
Old 3rd October 2007
member no 666

Mercenary Audio fun and mayhem AES NYC 2007

Hey all... Jules said I could tell y'all a bit about what we have planned if I did it tastefully... so here goes.

We're going to be showing off the new Crowley and Trip "el diablo Mercenary Edition" ribbon microphone and will actually have a drum kit there with the "el diablo" IN the kick drum [with a TAB-funkenwerks modified 57 on Snare and two production prototypes of our first product, the Mercenary Audio KM-69 for overheads].

All this will be running into Logic Studio if you'd like to give anything a listen we can burn you a CD on the spot so you can listen to it when you get home [instead of on a noisy show floor].

We have a couple of other neat surprises... like new products we're representing that we can't talk about until Friday... and a couple of other things I can talk about before Friday.

Andrew Roberts from Purple Audio will be showing off his new 16 channel console as well as a compressor, a headphone amp and another mic pre he's built for 500 frames... he'll also have a copy of the master tracks from "The Little Willies" [Norah Jones & company] to play through the desk so you can hear the individual tracks [I know I'm psyched out of my mind to hear those tracks... I love that album!!!].

Oliver from TAB-funkenwerks will be there with his stuff and a new friend, Karl Diehl from Atlanta, GA will be there to FINALLY[!!!!] unveil the NPNG pre-amp!!

OK... so if you made it this far though the post... here's the really cool part!!!

On Sunday afternoon from like 2 o'clock to sometime after 3p Richard Lloyd [guitarist from Television!!] will be hanging at the booth singing posters and copies of his new album "Radiant Monkey" [only time will tell.
Old 3rd October 2007
Lives for gear

audio files for us afterwards?

new console from purple audio? wow.
Old 3rd October 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
...snip

We have a couple of other neat surprises... like new products we're representing that we can't talk about until Friday... and a couple of other things I can talk about before Friday.

Andrew Roberts from Purple Audio will be showing off his new 16 channel console as well as a compressor, a headphone amp and another mic pre he's built for 500 frames... he'll also have a copy of the master tracks from "The Little Willies" [Norah Jones & company] to play through the desk so you can hear the individual tracks [I know I'm psyched out of my mind to hear those tracks... I love that album!!!].

snip...
Old 3rd October 2007
Gear maniac

Fletcher

Richard Lloyd rocks! How'd you pull that one off? I might have to stop down Sunday and swap some Robert Quine stories...

Mark Cattano
Magneto Studios
www.myspace.com/markcattano
Old 3rd October 2007
RL is a Gearslut
Old 3rd October 2007
PDC
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Fletcher, I miss the stick with "stuff" skewered on it.
Old 3rd October 2007
Lives for gear

The KM-69 sounds exciting. I just found this on the Mercenary website:

"What’s a KM-69 you ask? Excellent question!!! The KM-69 is Mercenary Audio’s very first product to be released on our own label!! For years Fletcher had been incredibly frustrated at not having a KM-84 at his disposal… so, seeing as we know a whole bunch of absolutely brilliant designers… we had one custom built for us… and it’s now called the KM-69. The mic won’t actually be released until the beginning of November but we’ll have several “final production proto-types” on hand".

Fletcher, any idea what the estimated street price will be?

thanks,
Brad
Old 3rd October 2007
Lives for gear

What, nothing spiked like the ADATs you once did? That was the first time I met you, in SF.

Sorri NY is on the wrong coast (for me, anyway).

Lou
Old 5th October 2007
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad McGowan View Post
The KM-69 sounds exciting. I just found this on the Mercenary website:

"What’s a KM-69 you ask? Excellent question!!! The KM-69 is Mercenary Audio’s very first product to be released on our own label!! For years Fletcher had been incredibly frustrated at not having a KM-84 at his disposal… so, seeing as we know a whole bunch of absolutely brilliant designers… we had one custom built for us… and it’s now called the KM-69. The mic won’t actually be released until the beginning of November but we’ll have several “final production proto-types” on hand".

Fletcher, any idea what the estimated street price will be?

thanks,
Brad

Arrgg, where'd ya find that Brad?

Was there a pic?
Old 5th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Andrew Roberts from Purple Audio will be showing off his new 16 channel console as well as a compressor, a headphone amp and another mic pre he's built for 500 frames...
Do you mean a compressor, headphone amp and mic pre ALL in 500 series format? Or a stand alone compressor and headphone amp and just the mic pre in 500 series format?
Old 5th October 2007
Lives for gear

This is what I´d like to know as well
Old 9th October 2007
Church of UAD

Very interesting - this could be what many of us have been waiting for, it would seem.
Old 9th October 2007
Lives for gear

Yes, yes...prices for the KM-69. Mmmmmmmmm....
Old 9th October 2007
member no 666

At this point it looks like the KM-69 will go for around $950 USD... we had thought it would be do-able at $850 but it doesn't seem like it will be.

The pre-orders that were done at $850 will be honored but at this point it's seriously looking like $950-.

We're hoping to have this thing on the street in the middle of November... hope we make it!!
Old 9th October 2007
bee
Lives for gear

We want pics!
Old 10th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
At this point it looks like the KM-69 will go for around $950 USD... we had thought it would be do-able at $850 but it doesn't seem like it will be.

The pre-orders that were done at $850 will be honored but at this point it's seriously looking like $950-.

We're hoping to have this thing on the street in the middle of November... hope we make it!!
- matched pair or singles? Thanks!
Old 10th October 2007
Church of UAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
- matched pair or singles? Thanks!
I'd suspect singles. I'm sure matched pairs will be available as well.
Old 10th October 2007
Lives for gear

Hey Fletch,

I've got to say that of all the booths and setups, you guys definitely had one of the coolest.

And the Diablo... w0w!
Old 12th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch View Post
I'd suspect singles. I'm sure matched pairs will be available as well.
Yeah, I'm guessing no answer confirms this...
Old 12th October 2007
Gear nut

Demoing Diablo Ser # 6 on a drum session this coming Wednesday night. Will let you know how it shapes up as, on Willy's kit, a FET47 wins over the 421 most times.

T
Old 18th October 2007
Gear nut

Well, we had the Diablo up against a vintage D20E in front of a crap old kick with the front head completely off last night.
Ran both through 1064's (EQ Out) through a Rosetta 800 into Protools and it was friggin' awesome.
Tracked drums for 3 songs and never changed it or moved it and it ate the D20 on all tracks (having said that, the D20 may not be the best contender for a shootout with the Diablo; it just happened to be last nights option as a colleague had just taken possesion of it and needed an A/B).

Pushed up the faders on the 4038* (overhead) and AEA restored RCA44BX* (in front of kit) and the drums were done.

The sales pitch for this mic is dead on... it does as advertised and IMHO, you will NOT be dissappointed with it if you give it a try.

Cheers

* both through TG2 then API5500 straight to 'Tools.
Old 29th January 2008
Lives for gear

no news, good news???
Old 8th February 2008
Church of UAD

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search