Cranesong Spider ->digi 001->analog summing
New Reply
Subscribe
blake1
5th April 2004
Old 5th April 2004
Gear Head

Cranesong Spider ->digi 001->analog summing

Hi, I'm tired of Digi Hardware but would like to know if I can do this.

1. I am going into the digi 001 through the Cranesong Spider(light-pipe) and want to come out more than 8 Channels into an analog mixing board for eq and splitting the channels to get a different summed sound and then back into the cranesong spider 2 tracks.

2. Would a couple of Rosetta 800s do the trick? Anything cheaper but as good?

I think having such a nice front end is overkill for the d/a (Spider doesn't have d/a).

3. Would I be better to just get a d/a converter for my monitors and mix in the box and call it a day.

My engineer friend (pro/teacher) always took the digi outputs into an analog board to get better separation (I guess this is called summing), so I would like to try tis as well. Just unity on the analog with a tad of eq and maybe a lex verb.

I always liked the idea of staying in the box but his mixes did sound great, especially on larger mixes.
5th April 2004
Old 5th April 2004
Gear Head

Send a message via Yahoo to herbs97
I'd be interested in knowing if there are any new ASS KICKING D/A's coming out soon before I drop the money on a benchmark DAC-1 to do the same kind of stuff he's talking about. Right now my spider feeds a digi002 and I'm using the onboard d/a for all monitoring and output...yuck.

---
blake1
7th April 2004
Old 7th April 2004
Gear Head

Anyone?...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search