New Reply
Subscribe
bgrotto
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Against Me! "New Wave"

Anyone heard the whole record? I'm checking a coupla tunes out on their Myspace page right now, and even after the Myspace Music codec it still sounds friggin' huge!!

And I'm surprised I actually kinda dig the music...I had em pegged as a pop punk band or something. This actually sorta reminds me of the last American Steel record.

I think I'll go buy it this afternoon.

=======================

Large Plugin Collection for Sale
Click here for details!!

=======================

Also selling some of my Waves plugin bundles:

Studio Classics Collection Soundgrid/Native, CLA Classic Compressors Native, JJP Analog Legends Native, GTR3 Soundgrid/Native.

All V9. PM for details.

=======================

WTB: UAD Satellite Quad. Don't need plugins; just the hardware. PM me!
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Lives for gear

What do they sing about now that they can't write about not being sell outs and signing to a major?

Neil
bgrotto
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishsixstringe View Post
What do they sing about now that they can't write about not being sell outs and signing to a major?

Neil
Um...is that what they used to sing about? Like I said, this was the first time I'd heard the band.

As for "selling out", I think that's a really narrow-minded way of thinking of it. While I realize that Sire Records is now owned by Warner Bros, I can name a lotta rockers who would LOVE to be on the (once independent) label that signed bands like the Dead Boys and the Ramones. There's a lotta history there. Plus, of course, I'm sure the money's pretty good...

Anyway, weren't they on Fat Wreck Chords or something before? I mean, really, is Sire that much of a "sell out" at that point?

The band's just gonna get broader exposure, bigger recording budgets (obviously, if this new record is any indication), better tour support, and probably they'll get laid a lot more.

I think it's really easy to be DYI and such when you're 18, but y'know, reality's gonna set in sometime, right? Why not try to make a living doing what you love when the opportunity presents itself?

Anyway, this could turn into an argument that could go on forever. All I'm saying is I like what I heard, and all I was asking is does the rest of the album kick as much ass.

Sorry for the tirade. Have a nice day.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search