Korg A1 Sysex Data
New Reply
Subscribe
amino
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Lives for gear

Korg A1 Sysex Data

I just picked up a nice Korg A1. Unfortunately the battery had done its job so the memory was empty. I have replaced the battery and I would really like to reload the factory patches (or any patches will do actually). Can anyone supply me with some sysex data?

According to Korg the were supplied on a ROM card (SPC0A1) with the A1, but I didn't get that one with my A1...

Thanks!
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by amino View Post
I just picked up a nice Korg A1. Unfortunately the battery had done its job so the memory was empty. I have replaced the battery and I would really like to reload the factory patches (or any patches will do actually). Can anyone supply me with some sysex data?

According to Korg the were supplied on a ROM card (SPC0A1) with the A1, but I didn't get that one with my A1...

Thanks!
I think i have the whole library for it(if i didn't erase it when i reintialized my drive).

Have to check.

Just checked...& i still have it.

Folder is about 49.5mb. If you can figure out what's the best way to upload it i can send them to you.

If you just need the stock patches PM me your email and i can email it to you since its pretty small.

11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
I think i have the whole library for it(if i didn't erase it when i reintialized my drive).

Have to check.

Folder is about 49.5mb. If you can figure out what's the best way to upload it i can send them to you.

If you just need the stock patches PM me your email and i can email it to you since its pretty small.

YouSendIt - Send large files - transfer delivery - FTP Replacement does up to 100 meg I believe...
amino
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Lives for gear

13th May 2008
Old 13th May 2008
Gear interested

Korg A1 factory Presets

I lost my Korg a1 presets - can anyone help me out? I see that at least one person had them (but that was way back in 2002). Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote:

Have to check.

15th July 2008
Old 15th July 2008
Gear interested

Korg A1 memory gone....

Hello, I have the same problem with my A1. The battery went dead and I lost everything. I was wondering if anyone still has this download information available. It would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
15th July 2008
Old 15th July 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Yodel View Post
Hello, I have the same problem with my A1. The battery went dead and I lost everything. I was wondering if anyone still has this download information available. It would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
did you try resetting the factory presets?

KORG A1:
HOLD WRITE AND -1 THEN POWER ON.

“What you ask about is music. What you like is sound. Now music and sound are akin, but they are not the same.”
— Confucius
16th July 2008
Old 16th July 2008
Gear interested

Yes I did try to restore the presets, but they're gone.....
16th January 2009
Old 16th January 2009
Gear interested

I would be happy to paypal someone some bucks to post an A1 Sysex Dump on sendspace, yousendit or transferbigfiles. Anyone got it?
EDIT!
I found the patches were on the Aseries site, in the Misc folder!
korgaseries.org: /misc

Coolsville!

Last edited by thetshirts; 16th January 2009 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: Found 'em :)
13th March 2009
Old 13th March 2009
Gear interested

Quote:

Have to check.

Hi man ,

I need to know if its possible to send me the sysex data of the A1 ??

I have one totally dead ... not even one preset , i really need it

ruifa@hotmail.com

Best regards ,
12th May 2010
Old 12th May 2010
Gear interested

Korg A1

I lost the factory presets on my Korg A1 as well. I just had the battery replaced and I had no idea I needed to buy a card and back those sounds up. I just assumed they were retrievable internally. If anyone can help me get these sounds, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
I downloaded the sysex files but every effort to dump them into my unit has failed. I am starting to wonder if my MIDI input is broken because my unit does nothing. It doesn't react at all to any kind of dumps and I have tried enabling any process that I can to make it work and turning the lock off for program changes. It just doesn't do anything when I try to sysex dump the sounds to the unit.
PLEASE HELP!

dielectricunion@gmail.com

Thanks
-Josh
21st August 2010
Old 21st August 2010
Gear addict

Hi I just found my SOC-A1 card. Plus my Studio Effects card.

If there is anyway I can help out let me know and I'll do what I can do. I'm not selling my unit, but If there is some other way for me somehow copy this info let me know how.

Guess there blank cards are nowhere to be found anymore either..

thanks
21st August 2010
Old 21st August 2010
Lives for gear

This website has links to sysex utilities and also to the original sysex files for the different memory cards

korgaseries.org: home

enjoy!
21st August 2010
Old 21st August 2010
Gear maniac

5th July 2011
Old 5th July 2011
Gear nut

I know this is kind of old thread butt.. I have an A1 with memory gone.. I have found some sysex patches online.. But my A1 wont receive them.. Its driving me mad. Been surfing the web for an info. Converted those patches to midi and tried to send them with Pro Tools. But nothing works.

Probable a user problem.

Im using mac with snow leopard and have been using SysEX Librarian v 1.2.2 a snoize production.. if some one knows another good sysex program it would be great.. or have had the same problem and knows how to fix..

thanks
5th July 2011
Old 5th July 2011
Lives for gear

The ones from korgaseries.org work fine.. I've moved a bunch back/forth to my A2.
"Seriously, there's a certain kind of creative inspiration that can come from exploring the outer limits of a musical instrument. Now days the limits are so vast that it can be difficult to set boundaries." --spargee
6th July 2011
Old 6th July 2011
Gear nut

thanks,

but I have the patches, the orginal library. But the problem is that my Korg A1 wont revive the sysex data from my computer. But It works fine when I dump sysex from Korg A1 to the computer.
8th July 2011
Old 8th July 2011
Lives for gear

Take everything else out of the midi chain. I've had issues in the past running sysex through certain gear.
13th July 2011
Old 13th July 2011
Gear nut

thanks, but the Korg A1 is the only thing in the chain
30th August 2011
Old 30th August 2011
Gear interested

reinitialising A1 factory presets.

Hi, I've downloaded some of these sysex files,.... but don't seem to be able to drag them into my sequencer(Cubase 4 Mac OS 4.11). Can anyone recommend a way of getting these(SYSEX) patch files out of my computer and into the A1?

Many Many thanks.
Rich (london)
16th January 2013
Old 16th January 2013
Gear interested

ASG
31st May 2014
Old 31st May 2014
ASG
Gear interested

Hi the site http://www.korgaseries.org no longer exists. If someone is kind enough to arrange send me the files and if possible the text detail that may have been there I would be happy to serve the files publically for the future. A1 is a seriously under rated piece of kit!
31st May 2014
Old 31st May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASG View Post
Hi the site http://www.korgaseries.org no longer exists. If someone is kind enough to arrange send me the files and if possible the text detail that may have been there I would be happy to serve the files publically for the future. A1 is a seriously under rated piece of kit!
I have the files somewhere, and the A1 default card sticking in my A1. I'll try dig them up on Monday. But I know they are other places on the web - I found them all for A1 and A3, and not on korgaseries.org.
3 Weeks Ago
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Lives for gear

I found the A1 Patches I downloaded previously. Send me a PM with your email and I'll fire off. Also have A2 and A3 SYXs.

A1 DelayAcou.SYX
A1 DistSpWah.SYX
A1 EQDrumPanRspTrem.SYX
A1 Factory.syx
A1 Guitar 1.syx
A1 Guitar 1a
A1 LA Session.syx
A1 Modulation.SYX
A1 PatchBank.PDF
A1 Reverb.SYX
A1 Studio.syx
TSM
3 Weeks Ago
Old 3 Weeks Ago
TSM
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbrown View Post
Send me a PM with your email and I'll fire off.
PM Sent
3 Weeks Ago
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASG View Post
Hi the site korgaseries.org: home no longer exists. If someone is kind enough to arrange send me the files and if possible the text detail that may have been there I would be happy to serve the files publically for the future. A1 is a seriously under rated piece of kit!
Site just loaded up fine for me.
3 Weeks Ago
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator6 View Post
Site just loaded up fine for me.
Aha. Maybe a temporary lapse in domain registration. Was definitely down for a while.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search