The Bird and the Bee
Stoneroses6300
22nd May 2007
Old 22nd May 2007
Lives for gear

The Bird and the Bee

ANyone know any information about this album? Mics, where it was recorded...ect...?
22nd May 2007
Old 22nd May 2007
Lives for gear

I'm pretty sure Greg's on the forum from time to time!
Stoneroses6300
22nd May 2007
Old 22nd May 2007
Lives for gear

Good to know...I love the sound of this record...It's what I have been listening to most this year...I can't imagine the kind of editing that goes into an album like this...You know what his handle on here is?
22nd May 2007
Old 22nd May 2007
Lives for gear

thumbsup Cool Record thumbsup
5th March 2009
Old 5th March 2009
Lives for gear

Would also love to know some info on the vocal chain...amazing voice recording !
5th March 2009
Old 5th March 2009
Gear maniac

i love Bird And The Bee - cool songs.

some of the parts in their songs give me shivers up my spine - that seems to be how I judge the cool factor of a song

the mixes are nice, everything sounds as though its in its right place and nothing is masked and nothing pierces the ear either.

and her voice sounds smooth and lush without a hint of pitch treatment like you'd normally hear on other songs on the radio these days.
5th March 2009
Old 5th March 2009
Lives for gear

I started a thread a little while ago about their latest album here: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/all-a...st-future.html

I love this album. Her vocals sound really nice. I love how smooth and intelligible they are without a hint of sibilance.

The overall production and songwriting on the album is top notch!
1st April 2009
Old 1st April 2009
Lives for gear

This band really knows what they're doing. They're like a modern computer assisted carpenters meets the Flaming Lips.
Optigon, Farfisa, Moog, mellotron, glock, rhodes, harpsichord ect. Great melodies and arrangements all over the place.
1st April 2009
Old 1st April 2009
Gear addict

I saw them live at the independent in sf. Wasn't actually expecting to enjoy it all that much but she has an amazing voice and he is a heck of a keyboard player. hot backup singers and everything. oh, and the cover of How Deep is Your Love they played for their encore made my hair stand on end.
1st April 2009
Old 1st April 2009
Gear addict

the self-titled "bird and the bee" album is one of my favorite albums -- amazing production. everything is in its right place.
6th January 2012
Old 6th January 2012
Gear interested

So, does anyone have any info on their gear/production?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search