Vintage Philips preamps
New Reply
Subscribe
projuice
7th May 2007
Old 7th May 2007
Gear nut

Vintage Philips preamps

I just bought 2 vintage Philips preamp modules that were part of a broadcast console out of curiousity. The model is LBB1151/51
I can't seem to find anything on it here or online does anyone know something about these modules ever heard one or seen one? I'm going to rack them the seller says they sound pretty nice so either they do or he's just good at selling stuff!
7th May 2007
Old 7th May 2007
Gear Head

old phillips

Well if the the soundquality are just about anywhere near the old mics from the same company, you've might have done a bargain finding some of these rare old phillips (philips) items.

I've got hold of a few mics some time ago and must say that i'm more than amazed that the vintage condensers from this company haven't gotten anymore attention. way up there among the vintage neumanns etc. IMHO.
projuice
7th May 2007
Old 7th May 2007
Gear nut

I hope they do sound that good then! Can't wait to get them up and running! I think I'll put the power en plugs on the modules firts and if I like them I'll rack them!
C/G
8th May 2007
Old 8th May 2007
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonde14 View Post
Well if the the soundquality are just about anywhere near the old mics from the same company, you've might have done a bargain finding some of these rare old phillips (philips) items.

I've got hold of a few mics some time ago and must say that i'm more than amazed that the vintage condensers from this company haven't gotten anymore attention. way up there among the vintage neumanns etc. IMHO.
Philips used to rename mics made by AKG. I'm sure they used other mic manufacturers as well.

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search