Old 28th April 2007
Lives for gear

Fostex 2424

Anyone in LA own a fostex 2424 that they would want to rent for a day? I need to transfer a live recording from the fostex into Protools. Probably an hour worth of material... need to do this coming week. If you have PT also, I can pay you to transfer it.

Please PM me for details if you're in!

Cheers,

Ryan Hewitt
Old 2nd May 2007
Lives for gear

Nevermind... Done by the recordist...
Old 18th July 2008
Gear interested

New too Fostex 2424 Lv

Hi good folks of Gearsluts.

I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong place but I can't seem to start a new thread.

I'm new to two things here:

1 This site, I joined today &

2 The Fostex 2424 LV.

I am thinking of returning the Fostex to the retailer.

When I turned on the Fostex 2424 LV (new) tonight, I was astonished by the noise from the unit, I think it's the fan, does anyone else have this noise?

Also I am assured by the retailer that this is the 180g latest version, but how can I tell?

Many thanks and once again, apologies if this is in the wrong thread and if these seem like dumb questions.

Bebee.
Old 18th July 2008
Gear addict

yes, these things are too noisey with the stock hard drive fan. You have to swap it out, or keep the bloody box in your machine room. you take the remote off the front and yank the HDDs they will tell you, or you can call fostex and make sure your OS matches the release for 180G compatibility.
Old 13th August 2008
Lives for gear

Is there a way of transferring from the Fostex to Pro Tools without having to hook the two up and do it real time? Like any way to read the hard disks and copy files?
Old 13th August 2008
Gear addict

there is an ethernet add on card. havent used it but have heard reports the transfer is slow. maybe fw400 enclosure? too messy with filenames? dunno good luck.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search