3 out guitar splitter?
New Reply
Subscribe
mute pink
15th January 2007
Old 15th January 2007
Gear nut

3 out guitar splitter?

Is there any box out there that will take a guitar signal and split it three ways? (amp, d.i., headphone mix)

Alternatively, would it be as simple as making my own with one input jack wired to three output jacks with hi-z instrument cable?

Thanks.
15th January 2007
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to Tibbon
If you mult your guitar signal like that you'll have issues, since the guitar is a high output impedence, and you'll be loading it with 3 different inputs. Also sounds like ground loop hell.

I can't remember the company, but there's several out there that make isolated splitting outputs for up to 8 guitar amps.
15th January 2007
Old 15th January 2007
Gear addict

little labs pcp distro, Radial JD-7 Injector

both are hot biz
mute pink
15th January 2007
Old 15th January 2007
Gear nut

whoa those are both pretty far out of budget. anyway to do this for under $200? thanks for the replies guys.
15th January 2007
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

There is a Morley pedal that splits the signal from the input into three outputs.
Its color is orange and i can't remember its name... but it works great from what i've heard.
mute pink
15th January 2007
Old 15th January 2007
Gear nut

15th January 2007
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to Tibbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramrod View Post
little labs pcp distro, Radial JD-7 Injector

both are hot biz

Those are the ones that I was thinking of. Not cheap, but they get the job done right.
15th January 2007
Old 15th January 2007
Gear maniac

I have the orange Morley pedal and use it all the time, e.g., one signal to amp, another signal to DI for dry track for later reamping or amp plugin and another to guitar tuner. Could also send to 3 different amps for layering. Works well and is worth the $.
15th January 2007
Old 15th January 2007

Send a message via Skype™ to toolskid
14th March 2007
Old 14th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolskid View Post
The Lehle range is absolutely great!

www.lehle.com
I just ordered one of these. The P-Split. It seems like a solid pedal for the money.
Thanks for the link toolskid!

The reviews on the Morley Tripler (George Lynch) were just not good. Too noisy.
15th March 2007
Old 15th March 2007
Gear interested

Wish I'd seen this earlier. The Radial JDV has 3 outputs, and it comes in at about half the price of the JD7 Injector. One is on its way to my house now, and I should be doing some recording with it this weekend.
17th March 2007
Old 17th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticStudios View Post
I just ordered one of these. The P-Split. It seems like a solid pedal for the money.
Thanks for the link toolskid!

The reviews on the Morley Tripler (George Lynch) were just not good. Too noisy.
THis Pedal came today and Im NOT to impressed by it at all. A big drop in out put level when the two outputs are in use. Really notice this when driving older tube amps. And really its not that quiet, there is a little but of noise.

I think im going to return it. its pretty poor.

BUT I think im actually going to try the LEHLE Dual A/B Switcher, its active and has trim pots that might boost the signal.
17th March 2007
Old 17th March 2007
Gear Guru

Slightly related and totally off topic at the same time. But this:
Quote:
If you mult your guitar signal like that you'll have issues, since the guitar is a high output impedence, and you'll be loading it with 3 different inputs. Also sounds like ground loop hell.
has me worried/concerned.

In my guitar rig I have the signal split several ways with a patch bay. Guitar to amp and the I use the amps send/return line to send to a patch bay which then split the signal sometihng like 5 times to go to various effect units. Then the is returned, from a line mixer, into the stereo returns of the amp. Is this degrading the signal to much, or the fact that I'm using the send/return.

The reason I ask is it's just a little noisey. This could be a combination of old amp and old effects or signal to noise issues, or impedence?? (I wouldn't know and impedence if it slapped me!)
17th March 2007
Old 17th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdrexx View Post
Wish I'd seen this earlier. The Radial JDV has 3 outputs, and it comes in at about half the price of the JD7 Injector. One is on its way to my house now, and I should be doing some recording with it this weekend.
xxdrexx
Please let me know how this turns out. Given my above concerns.

thanks
17th March 2007
Old 17th March 2007
Gear addict

Stay away from the lynch tripler. That thing is otta Gas.
17th March 2007
Old 17th March 2007
has all the gear he needs

Voodoo Lab Line Selector........4 outs. Not sure about your application.
17th March 2007
Old 17th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Not sure about your application.
Splitting 1 instrument unbalanced into 2 or 3 or even 4 instrument outs, simultaneously.
Without:
1. loss of tone
2. loss of volume
3. extra noise

so far:

JDV Super DI : Radial JDV mk3 active direct box super DI

JD7 DI/amp combiner & reamper Radial JD7 Injector guitar signal distribution amplifier

Lehle: Enjoy Cool Switching

Morley Tripler: Buy Morley George Lynch Tripler Pedal online at Musician's Friend

Voodoo Lab Line Selector : Buy Voodoo Lab Amp Selector online at Musician's Friend
17th March 2007
Old 17th March 2007
Gear Head

The Mesa Boggie high Gain Amp Switcher. Simply one of the best I've heard, completely buffered (No ground Loops), switchable via Footswitch or standard Tip->Ground Switching etc. Pricey at $5-600, but if you have a Fridge rack, then very worth it. Can also drive long cable runs for recording/stage performance etc.

-Todd A.
17th March 2007
Old 17th March 2007
Lives for gear

You could build one.. Use transformer isolated outs. You could also add an op-amp to drive the the input so there is no phasing and no impeadence miss-match.
20th March 2007
Old 20th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdrexx View Post
AHHHHH.. NOw this BOX works like a DREAM. and has got some great features as well.
Radial JDV Super DI. thats the ticket! A little expensive at 399.00. but I was able to pick one up for 350.00 that included tax and shipping!
1st April 2007
Old 1st April 2007
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticStudios View Post
AHHHHH.. NOw this BOX works like a DREAM. and has got some great features as well.
Radial JDV Super DI. thats the ticket! A little expensive at 399.00. but I was able to pick one up for 350.00 that included tax and shipping!
So, what happened in the end? Did you try the Lehle Dual SGoS before going with the Radial JDV Super DI?

I must say, I think I like the look of the Voodoo Lab most, especially with the variable output knobs.
1st April 2007
Old 1st April 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMAS View Post
So, what happened in the end? Did you try the Lehle Dual SGoS before going with the Radial JDV Super DI?

I must say, I think I like the look of the Voodoo Lab most, especially with the variable output knobs.
No I did not try the Lehle dual. It might just have done the job. but I went for the Radial.
Couple things lead me to just skip the Lehle daul pedal.
1. I was really disapointed in the first Lehle box. The advertising was just not true.
2. Radial has a really good reputation for making GREAT products. I think the majority of the guys on this board will say the same. I was fairly certain that the pedal would work as described if not better.
3. The radial I picked up off Ebay new. With a Submit best offer option. So I kind of just stumbled into it when my offer was accepted. Glad I did.
4. I kind of also believe you get what you pay for.

TEMAS, Is there a place you can try the Voodoo Labs pedal? give it shot.
1st April 2007
Old 1st April 2007
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Yeah, I would go with the Radial also, but I want to be able to stomp my selections while playing, not just set them up and then start playing. Also, does the Radial not send the outputs in balanced form, if its also a preamp?

I haven't found anywhere to try the Voodoo Labs stuff over here yet; I can't even find a review or any user feedback. But they've got a good reputation though, so I'd imagine the quality is good.

What I'm trying to do is send my guitar signal to several fx chains simultaneously, so the Voodoo Lab would act almost like 4 stompable Aux sends. Then use a mixer to blend the returns.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search