Stereo pedal. What's difference ext cab /two amps
NoPro
Thread Starter
#1
22nd March 2013
Old 22nd March 2013
  #1
Lives for gear
 
NoPro's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Stereo pedal. What's difference ext cab /two amps

I have a delay pedal and a reverb pedal and would like to use the stereo outs.
I have a combo with an external cab so both speakers would sound simulateously...(theres only one in on the combo from the guitar)i also have 2 small 5watt tube amps( each has one input each) Which option would work best for achieving the pedals stereo feature..like ping pong delay etc?
#2
22nd March 2013
Old 22nd March 2013
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Silent Sound's Avatar
For a true stereo sound, you're going to need two amps and at least two speakers. If you run a stereo signal into just one amp, you're going to sum that signal back down to mono. So you could use both of those small amps, or use your combo and one of those small amps, or you could probably figure out a way to use the combo and extension cab on one side and hook up both 5 watt amps on the other, giving you three amps with two signals.
Quote
1
NoPro
Thread Starter
#3
22nd March 2013
Old 22nd March 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 
NoPro's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sound View Post
For a true stereo sound, you're going to need two amps and at least two speakers. If you run a stereo signal into just one amp, you're going to sum that signal back down to mono. So you could use both of those small amps, or use your combo and one of those small amps, or you could probably figure out a way to use the combo and extension cab on one side and hook up both 5 watt amps on the other, giving you three amps with two signals.
Thanks! That's alot of tone variance ..I often wondered if combos w ext cabs were more for live or studio...guess anything is possible
#4
22nd March 2013
Old 22nd March 2013
  #4
Lives for gear
 

If your main amp has a line out (sometimes the FX send can be used as such), you can send that to the delay, then to the stereo 5 watt amps....then you have a stereo wet/dry setup.
NoPro
Thread Starter
#5
23rd March 2013
Old 23rd March 2013
  #5
Lives for gear
 
NoPro's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
If your main amp has a line out (sometimes the FX send can be used as such), you can send that to the delay, then to the stereo 5 watt amps....then you have a stereo wet/dry setup.
The peavey classic 30 has an effects loop ...
#6
23rd March 2013
Old 23rd March 2013
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
If your main amp has a line out (sometimes the FX send can be used as such), you can send that to the delay, then to the stereo 5 watt amps....then you have a stereo wet/dry setup.

If you do this the signal coming off of the delay is going to be line level, not instrument level. It's going to hit the front ends of those small amps pretty hard if you use their standard guitar inputs.
NoPro
Thread Starter
#7
24th March 2013
Old 24th March 2013
  #7
Lives for gear
 
NoPro's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodebro View Post
If you do this the signal coming off of the delay is going to be line level, not instrument level. It's going to hit the front ends of those small amps pretty hard if you use their standard guitar inputs.
Thanks
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
85db / So much gear, so little time!
31
NickH / Geekslutz forum
6
bogeyeater / So many guitars, so little time!
1

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.