Guitar Impulse response. A shopfull of guitars for your DAW
New Reply
Subscribe
Roger G Lewis
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Gear interested

Guitar Impulse response. A shopfull of guitars for your DAW

This is a new venture. We are developing a guitar pickup impulse response suite of products which will have Free software driving it. We have launched with a range of impulse responses called the Vintage Quality collection and will over the coming months produce the impullses from the extensive stock at Break Out Guitars Halmstad Sweden.

The product is for use as a Studio plug in for re - axeing clean guitar tracks.
The Product is being designed so that it will give a selection of available tones from the collection of impulses for a foot switch.
The foot pedal will have a home brew Raspberry Pi / Arduino capability or our own Custom pedal will also be available.
Line 6 Tone Core developer pedal is also a suitable host.

The impulses can be wrapped up and used as case candy or for demo purposes by Guitar sellers or as Merch / Fan Give aways for Bands.

Our product is effectively doing what AcmeBarGigs Red Shift pick up replacer does just with actual Guitar impulses. Our impulses work on any convolution engine ( Of course they do? why wouldn't they its just a sine sweep induced signal from the Pickups) effectively it is what the Kempner profiling amp does for Rigs just for Guitars.

The Impulses work great in already available fantastic products such as Bodilizer , Jconvolve, Sounddesigner, IR-a Live
etc our challenge is to make it plug in and playable on the floor with usb switch-ability for the different channels.

Last edited by Roger G Lewis; 15th March 2013 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: typo
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

Wow, that was obnoxious sounding.
16th March 2013
Old 16th March 2013
Gear Guru

I'm going to do my best NOT to comment on this idea.
16th March 2013
Old 16th March 2013
Lives for gear

LMAO it goes up to 11!
17th March 2013
Old 17th March 2013
Lives for gear

20th March 2013
Old 20th March 2013
Gear Head

Great! I am in dire need of excruciatingly bad sounding guitars to make a-musical noise that will piss everybody off. Your promotion video has totally convinced me of the usefulness of this product.
21st March 2013
Old 21st March 2013
Lives for gear

If the advertisement is the producer's idea of quality, then I seriously suggest that he find another line of work. OTOH, I think there are probably enough garbage collectors already.
21st March 2013
Old 21st March 2013
Taking Down your Network

That video is so bad it's impossible to parody!
21st March 2013
Old 21st March 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah, ugh...good luck with that!

22nd March 2013
Old 22nd March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boschen View Post
That video is so bad it's impossible to parody!
I thought it WAS a parody!
22nd March 2013
Old 22nd March 2013
Lives for gear

That sounded like shit.
24th March 2013
Old 24th March 2013
Would-Be-Teaboy

The idea aside, even an Australian TV audience would find this advert irritating. The levels are crazy and the pacing is completely weird.
24th March 2013
Old 24th March 2013
Gear addict

Viewed as a social commentary on the white noise of advertising in the form of a sound collage.. it's quite interesting.
11th May 2013
Old 11th May 2013
Gear Head

Impulse Responses (IR)

Hi,

i just did a few Impulse Responses on my own for fun and was blown away, how good they sounded at the end, i use them more than the internal cabinets.

I use voxengo boogex and the IR's i made from 2 legendary guitar amps, i call them Poland JazzChoire and Tender TwinHerb
Maybe the one or the other will find them useful. I uploaded them on my page:
Impulse Responses Guitar Amps - The Session Guitarist

Peace and stay tuned,

Lars
11th May 2013
Old 11th May 2013
Gear interested

The download links are not working? Impulse responses have been a hobby of mine for some time, I have a mobile rig built just for recording IR's!!
13th May 2013
Old 13th May 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G Lewis View Post
This is a new venture. We are developing a guitar pickup impulse response suite of products which will have Free software driving it. We have launched with a range of impulse responses called the Vintage Quality collection and will over the coming months produce the impullses from the extensive stock at Break Out Guitars Halmstad Sweden.

The product is for use as a Studio plug in for re - axeing clean guitar tracks.
The Product is being designed so that it will give a selection of available tones from the collection of impulses for a foot switch.
The foot pedal will have a home brew Raspberry Pi / Arduino capability or our own Custom pedal will also be available.
Line 6 Tone Core developer pedal is also a suitable host.

The impulses can be wrapped up and used as case candy or for demo purposes by Guitar sellers or as Merch / Fan Give aways for Bands.

Our product is effectively doing what AcmeBarGigs Red Shift pick up replacer does just with actual Guitar impulses. Our impulses work on any convolution engine ( Of course they do? why wouldn't they its just a sine sweep induced signal from the Pickups) effectively it is what the Kempner profiling amp does for Rigs just for Guitars.

The Impulses work great in already available fantastic products such as Bodilizer , Jconvolve, Sounddesigner, IR-a Live
etc our challenge is to make it plug in and playable on the floor with usb switch-ability for the different channels.
Roger, you're taking a lot of ribbing here (and some more between the lines stuff on YT) about that video.

Sometimes we get a little too close to some of our creations.

Have you really stepped back, imagined you're someone who doesn't know you or your product from Adam, and really taken a look at that vid?

I mean, the music is distorted and muddled, you can't make out the voiceover at all; it is what we in the bad candy business call a klusterfudge.

Your IR's might be great but your first foot forward here isn't your best. (We hope.)

TK Major: social, biz, and music stuff | a crisp, flat design restyle for GS: Gray GS 2.2 for Chrome/Stylebot

People make oceans of music and only a tiny, tiny amount ever rises up for a few moments like a wave, visible from the shore. And then it's gone, too, back into the bottomless sea of forgotten music.
TK Major
. The Forgotify Files
14th May 2013
Old 14th May 2013
Lives for gear

Hey bro, have you ever heard of ducking???? You may have a good idea but your presentation was so loud and in your face that I think the idea was lost in the volume. You could barely hear your voice. Give it another shot and good luck with this.
14th May 2013
Old 14th May 2013
Lives for gear

Wow!

Would I buy ANYTHING from an individual or comapany that produced a promo video that was as shockingly bad as that?...

NO.

~ peace ~
14th May 2013
Old 14th May 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDingo View Post
That sounded like shit.
Now, now, Alpha. If Roger is going to make any progress, we need him to feel that our concern comes from a place of love, and not criticism. Can you try again, and this time say something nice about Roger's work?
16th May 2013
Old 16th May 2013
Lives for gear

I actually had to pause the video... I thought maybe I had left iTunes playing while I watched Youtube or something.

I mean, if you want me to do the video for you, send me a PM... I'll edit this together for you, and make the audio sound OK.
21st May 2013
Old 21st May 2013
Gear Head

22nd May 2013
Old 22nd May 2013
Lives for gear

Please don't quit your day job. Unless, of course, this is your day job.
Roger G Lewis
3rd December 2013
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear interested

Tonefreqhz.

Guitar Impulse responses in Wav files.

Demo of the Impulse response Wav files from the tonefreqhz vintage quality collection.

http://tonefreqhz.bandcamp.com/album/...

Using Acmebargigs freeware plugin Tribe.

Download your free sample and the tribe plugin from our web site.

Viking Sound Cooperative - Home...

Visit Acme Bar Gig Here.

http://www.acmebargig.com/

Both Demo guitar IR's original Guitars for sale here.

http://www.breakoutmusic.se/gitarr/e...-standard-1974

http://www.breakoutmusic.se/gitarr/e...-master-salute

For all that watched and commented on the first video thank you very much for taking the time and commenting. There are two free wavs along with the TRIBE shareware .dll for download on our web site.

Last edited by Roger G Lewis; 3rd December 2013 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: links
Roger G Lewis
3rd December 2013
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
Roger, you're taking a lot of ribbing here (and some more between the lines stuff on YT) about that video.

Sometimes we get a little too close to some of our creations.

Have you really stepped back, imagined you're someone who doesn't know you or your product from Adam, and really taken a look at that vid?

I mean, the music is distorted and muddled, you can't make out the voiceover at all; it is what we in the bad candy business call a klusterfudge.

Your IR's might be great but your first foot forward here isn't your best. (We hope.)
Hi,

I am more than happy to hear criticism , unless people are honest it is not always possible to know where to direct ones efforts to improve.
Anyway hopefully the new video will illicit further response and maybe even tempt someone to download and try at least the free demo IR's on our web site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G Lewis View Post
Guitar Impulse responses in Wav files.

Demo of the Impulse response Wav files from the tonefreqhz vintage quality collection.

http://tonefreqhz.bandcamp.com/album/...

Using Acmebargigs freeware plugin Tribe.

Download your free sample and the tribe plugin from our web site.

Viking Sound Cooperative - Home...

Visit Acme Bar Gig Here.

http://www.acmebargig.com/

Both Demo guitar IR's original Guitars for sale here.
Gitarr | Breakout...

Gitarr | Breakout...

For all that watched and commented on the first video thank you very much for taking the time and commenting. There are two free wavs along with the TRIBE shareware .dll for download on our web site.
Roger G Lewis
3rd December 2013
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulguitar View Post
Hi,

i just did a few Impulse Responses on my own for fun and was blown away, how good they sounded at the end, i use them more than the internal cabinets.

I use voxengo boogex and the IR's i made from 2 legendary guitar amps, i call them Poland JazzChoire and Tender TwinHerb
Maybe the one or the other will find them useful. I uploaded them on my page:
Impulse Responses Guitar Amps - The Session Guitarist

Peace and stay tuned,

Lars

Thanks for the links I am going to try out your link for your Fir filter plugin today.

keFIR Free Download

My ultimate objective is to have these working in a stompbox which is user controllable with Knobs.

AdC/DaC highway to ped(Hell) - YouTube

3rd December 2013
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear addict

Sorry, but I already have a room full of guitars, and there's not a '74 LP or '68 Byrdland in the bunch. You might try referencing some guitars people actually want to hear.
Roger G Lewis
3rd December 2013
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear interested

Guitars available.

Included in the collection are a 2003 ES 335 a Custom Shop Telecaster thin line and also a Master Salute Custom shop Strat. The Byrdland and Lespaul are both great sounding guitars too but each to their own. The Taylor guitar IR which is free to download from our web site may be the most interesting to many as it allows Acoustic emulation from any magnetic pickup output and is pretty convincing. I have an LG 2 which I will get around to making an IR for I am interested myself to see how the Taylor will sound played through that IR.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search