Pedal powering options
Old 2nd March 2013
Gear interested

Pedal powering options

I'm upgrading my pedal situation, from a couple of boxes on the floor with a daisy chained power adapter to an actual board, and i'm looking at power options.

At the moment, my chain looks something like this:

TC Polytune
ProCo Turbo Rat
EHX Big Muff Pi
Boss HM-2
Dunlop Crybaby
TC Flashback delay
TC Hall of Fame reverb

I'm going to be adding a couple of new ones also, at the very least another delay pedal and some kind of modulation effect, maybe a Moogerfooger ring mod if i can afford it. The board will be used for several rehersals a week as well as regular gigging.

How should i power this chain? I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible, i've been looking at the Harley Benton Powerplant but it really seems too good to be true. Oh yeah, it needs at least one 12v option for the HM-2.
Old 2nd March 2013
Lives for gear

Nothing cheap will really be an improvement. I have heard the Diago is good but have no experince with it. You need a voodoo labs pedal power ultimately, nothing else is as quiet, it removed noise that I for years had thought to be "normal".
I would buy that rather than more pedals.
Old 2nd March 2013
Gear Head

Voodoo Lab is the way to go.
The combination of a Pedal train / Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus will provide you with a solid good solution.
After tinkering around with cheap power chains and all kind of pedal board, I found out that investing in this solution is totally worthy.
Old 2nd March 2013
Lives for gear

Pedal Power will do 9, 12, 18 or 24 volts, but for 18/24 requires using 2 outlets.

But you can still daisychain some pedals with the PP using splitters. I'm sure all 3 TC pedals have enough filtering that you can power them with a 1>3 splitter.

As for the Cry Baby, powering it may add a bit of noise....I keep my wah off the board and power it by battery.

Some germanium pedals don't like to be powered either. I have a Rangemaster clone that has a bad hiss when powered, but I use a Virtual Battery from the GigRig (it's a DC isolation transformer), and it works fine.
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

voodoo lab pedal power plus 2. win. I love mine.
Old 3rd March 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotsoul4u View Post
voodoo lab pedal power plus 2. win. I love mine.
I agree voodoo lab best way to go
Old 3rd March 2013
Gear interested

if you're on a tight budget the best for the money i have came across and i use personally is a Diago Powerstation, really nicely put together and only cost me about £60, came with a daisy chain. Really good for the price mate.
Old 8th March 2013
I'm happy with my Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus. I'm thinking that it will be the last one I ever have to buy, but we'll see.
Old 8th March 2013
Old 8th March 2013
Lives for gear

I have a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power2, works great for me. You might want to look at the Voodoo Labs Mondo.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search