New Reply
Subscribe
bpbpbp
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Gear Head

Guitar/Keyb/Vox performer Setup

Hi,

I want to build my rig economically, to suit that I play some songs with my electric guitar, others with my midi keyboard, plus effected vocals.

I want to be able to switch and blend between Midi & analog signals, and between PA & amp and cabs on stage. The former is accomplished on the guitar because the GK-2A has a blend switch, and using my stage mixer I can route signals to the main mixer/PA and to my Amp.

We play mostly small-medium venues with typically crappy 12 channel mixers and no sound person, hence that I'm thinking of using the Onyx in my setup to simplify soundcheck and performance.

I have at present the following setup, which is clearly missing some components and I would be interested to have some recommendations:

Speaker CAB L + CAB R

Amp & Effects Rack (currently HHTC1000S / Adrenalinn / Digitech Studio 5000)

Mackie Onyx820i / MBP + Guitar Rig

Midi Keyboard Controller / Godin with GK-2a Midi Pickup / Vox + BV Vox maybe

I clearly need a midi interface, as the Onyx has none. Perhaps I don't even need the Onyx if I remove the MBP/GuitarRig and go hardware only with something like the GR-55. However, I am on a very limited budget and need to produce effects for up to 3 mics, a guitar and a keyboard. The Onyx should provide routing options for me to send signals to both the PA and to the Cabs on stage.
bpbpbp
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Gear Head

Think I found a solution = The AXON AX 50 USB
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search