Golden Age of DSP: TC vs Eventide vs Line6
New Reply
Subscribe
drbob1
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Golden Age of DSP: TC vs Eventide vs Line6

As noted in another thread, TC has finally released their Toneprint editor as a free application for Mac. It will allow very complex control of toneprints with a couple of "gotchas". It looks like you'll be limited to the effect types in any individual pedal (so the Delay will do delay, the chorus will do chorus but not vice versa, and the Petrucci will rule most of them by doing Chorus, Flange AND Tremolo). Of course you can only have 1 tone print (or 4 in the X4) so it's not going to be a complete pedalboard in 1 pedal. And no pitch shifting, anywhere... It'll be interesting to see if the delay algorithms allow short enough times to do flanging and chorus.

Eventide has released the H9-a pedal that can accept downloads of the algorithms from all of Eventides pedal line (Modfactor...). It'll only run previously designed algorithms, and they'll cost per, and editing will be minimal, but you WILL have a complete special effects board in one pedal. As I understand it, though, the cost is going to be $500, which kind of kills it for me, I bought my original H3000 for that, and upgraded it to 3000 d/se for less than $600 and I can build all the effects I want! Or buy an X4 and a Petrucci and be done for $100 less...

Line 6 has the venerable M5, which has a plethora of algorithms with some adjustability, not up to the standards of Eventide, but if I just need a bunch of sounds at my feet it's hard to argue with the economics (often less than $150 on discount).
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search