Guitar Rig 5
New Reply
Subscribe
ELLiOTBURNSREDx
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear interested

Guitar Rig 5

Is this the best software to get that metally/hardcore/metalcore type sound, really tight, crunchy heavy sound? Presets are alright, but not too good at making my own sounds. What do you think? I have pod farm too, but i'm not a massive fan
19th January 2013
Old 19th January 2013
Gear maniac

If your home recording and not playing live etc then yes. Loads of presets that you can tweak, famous setting etc.

I'm not a guitar player per say but it makes me sound good on my tracks.

I bought Komplete 8 rather than just guitar rig though. The couple of hundred extra was worth it for kontakt, massive and all the instruments you get.
Deleted User #196561
19th January 2013
Old 19th January 2013
Deleted User #196561

Get your popcorn ready!
ELLiOTBURNSREDx
19th January 2013
Old 19th January 2013
Gear interested

I already have massive and kontakt and steven slate drums. I'll just be at home recording, not live performance at all
19th January 2013
Old 19th January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFlemingMusic View Post
Get your popcorn ready!
Haha, yeah.

Each to their own etc.

If you want an honest answer, with no arguing, download the free demo version (guitar rig player). It only runs for 30 mins a time, but, you get your own opinion. I prefer it to the logic Amps, guitar rig sounds more real than logic.
20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
Gear interested

I think Guitar Rig is great if you play different styles, but for a metal sound i prefer Metal Amp Room from Softube.
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to kojo
I'm still on guitar rig 4. Sounds good to me. If you don't like it, get the free amplitube 3.5 player and try out the custom shop amps. They let u try for free before buying. Guitarnoize on YouTube has a bunch of vids showing off how they sound
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

I got Guitar Rig 5 and think it's great. There's a ton of different preset sounds and fx and it's pretty easy to sculp out your own tones.
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear maniac

There is a battle between Amplitube and Guitar Rig much like Cubase/Logic/Protools. They do generally the same thing with slight differences in interface and processing. I use Guitar Rig 5, never had any problems. Digital processing will always sound a bit thin and tinny but if you aren't that fussed and not aiming to produce the next Iron Maiden album, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Go for Guitar Rig 5!
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFlemingMusic View Post
Get your popcorn ready!
Lmao never fails
28th January 2013
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

There are some great sounds in Guitar Rig, but I haven't used it much since I bought Scuffham's S-Gear.
1st February 2013
Old 1st February 2013
Gear interested

I tried out Guitar Rig5, as well as Amplitube. They are pretty good, but not the best.

IMO the absolute best sounding and easiest to use program is Guitar FX Box 3. I think that is the official name. It has by far the best rock, metal, clean, and wah sounds - plus it's easy to create your own sound presets. Approximately 30 amps, lots of adjustable effects. Very, very low latency (I hesitate to say "none", but if it's there, it's never noticeable), and almost no CPU load. I can run it along with my DAW, so I can play along with my beats. There is a free demo you can get, but I went ahead and bought the full version. The best $30 I have ever spent (on my guitar)...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search