MXR Distortion III, wow!
New Reply
Subscribe
tazman
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

MXR Distortion III, wow!

Just got a chance to try my new MXR DIII at practice. Wow! I got home and removed the OCD, which I thought I would never do.

Between the Fulldrive, the DIII and modded BD2, I have it all!!! The OCD sounded fizzy in comparison. It could be the amp/pedal combo.

Another cool thing is that the fulldrive through the Badcat Wildcat on channel two gave me the tone reminiscent of Keith Urban's lead tone, which I always liked. It was not on purpose, but when I stepped on the fulldrive I got me a big smile :-)

Reviews Of Everything Music
http://www.rclmusic.com
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Gear maniac

I'm nearly always amazed at the quality/price ratio of MXR boxes. I have 3 right now and they all see regular use. (I have a Custom Comp, EVH90 and EVH117)

Everything I said is just my 0.02 cents and not to be taken too seriously! I don't mean any harm, even if I inadvertently caused some!
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

I'm an MXR pedal fan, too. Simple, sturdy, small footprint usually, sound good.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear addict

I really like and use the D III a lot. I also like the OCD, but for different things. If you weren't running the OCD at 18 volts, you're selling it short. At 9 volts I agree it can be a little 'fizzy', but at 18 I think it performs. I use the D III, OCD and a Tube Screamer in my rig.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
Just got a chance to try my new MXR DIII at practice. Wow!
It's very SWEET. It almost plays itself. You can't get a bad tone out of it if you try. Of the dozen or so distortion pedals I have it ranks as one of my all time favorites. It does that cranked tube amp sound perfectly.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks View Post
I really like and use the D III a lot. I also like the OCD, but for different things. If you weren't running the OCD at 18 volts, you're selling it short. At 9 volts I agree it can be a little 'fizzy', but at 18 I think it performs. I use the D III, OCD and a Tube Screamer in my rig.
Tubescreamer... Gets my vote. Still #1 IMO. Amazing how all these pedals have come out... Tube amp/ tube screamer/ big muff - very nice. Own an OCD and run it at 18 volts/ 9volts. It's fizzy but good. Compared to the tubescreamer and big muff I'm amazed how great those 2 work together.. so perfect. OCD sits there...a once in a while pedal..solid build except for the little glue like bottom tabs that come off.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search